Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Moving

The title is correct we are moving to another town outside the one we have lived in for the last 10 years, the house we are moving into is slanted so our washer will need supports our gas dryer is useless at the moment until we can get a certified plumber to hook up a gas line to it. For now it will be another home without the worries of being foreclosed on, which is a good thing. Our neighbors we have come to know and like are sadden of our departure; no one thought we would be the ones to go through the process of losing our home of 8 years.

We are doing well Jr just started his first year of high school last week he didn't want to box up his room he thought the longer he put it off the more the mortgage company would reconsider I explained to him that would not be possible even though I did look into getting our mortgage payment down, when I talked to the person on the phone he explained to me the mortgage company would want a thousand dollars to get the paper work started and $2300.00 for the lawyer fees, we do not have that type of money.


Ch took a 15% pay cut this year due to the states budget, my hours have been steady there isn't much to tell there just like any other job it has it's moments. My brother knows I have lost my home and my sister has not bothered to come up to help, she told my 93 year old godmother who is in a convalescent home because she had taken her third fall, which put her there. I did not tell her because she is sad and depressed and this was the last thing she needed my sister thought it was best to tell her.


I was not happy when I found out she had told her, and how I found out was my god mothers sister in law she called me up and asked how the move was going? And informed me my god mother already knows. My god mother's former student who happens to be older than myself has also lost his house and was moving back to the town were I grew up.

As for C he will not be with us this weekend we thought it would be best for him to stay in the bay area, due to our move and since change can take a toll on emotions and tempers we did talk to his therapist about our decision she agreed with us. We did take him to look at the new home he found his room and can not wait for next weekend to visit.

Here it is Tuesday it's been a long drawn out weekend, even though I was suppose to be off yesterday thankfully I did not have to work, which made my day. There is still a lot of work to do at our former home, on my way out of my former neighborhood I stopped by my neighbors house and said goodbye to Mr. and Mrs. R. (shorten for their last name) Mr. R was sad to see us leave, he couldn't believe we lost our home it's one of those mishaps in life, at least we have each other, family and friends who care for us.

I believe life is about living, giving a helping hand when needed, and lots of love when all else fails, and prayers for those who loose hope and laughter to chase away the blues. For now this all I've got it's been a long weekend, and more packing and unpacking needs to be done, I've got a bad headache which is causing me to lose focus on what I want to write I figure this is enough for now.

2 comments:

FTN said...

Sorry to hear you have to move. Good luck with it, I hope it goes well.

Summer Rose said...

FTN- thank you, we don't have a stove at the moment which isn't that bad we forgot the camp stove to cook on. At least it will be installed tomorrow.
S.R.