Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Farewell to Massage Envy

I have talked with Ch about me quitting my job, we both feel it is high time. There is another Massage Envy that recently opened up after today's talk with my Lead Therapist I'm done, I will be putting in my two week notice tomorrow, I would have put it in writing today while I was at work since there is too many eyes I felt that coming home was the best way to do it. I'm not sure what to tell any of my clients, I feel I have none left in the last three weeks my work has been very slow. Too many Massage Therapist have been hired in the last month, and with so many of us there is no need for me. I feel my work is not as good as other therapist, so in turn I have nothing to show for what I have done. I knew my time was coming I was hoping to last into the third week into April, we both feel that it is time for me to quit. Our computers have been acting up since Friday night, the owner does not care about who works on our systems in turn we have some goofball of a massage therapist who thinks he knows every thing. In turn has screwed our computers, another reason why I'm quitting. No more commuting I can cook breakfast for my boys, and continue to baby sit.

As for my schooling I have gotten two A+, one in my previous class and in my current class. I feel this is my reward of turning a tide, I am scared of the unknown I know I'm taking my chances in every thing that I'm doing right now. For now the Lord is my guiding light, his arms is what carries me through my toughest days. I may not like what my Lead Therapist may say to me when I go back to work on Friday and I could careless, she started it I'm finishing with so many unwanted comments I could have told her off yesterday, I did not want to be fired today. I feel that if they do not want to stick up for their massage therapist then there is no use of working for a company that does not care. This place of work has taught me a lot since I've been with them for year and half, I should have listened a long time ago do not work for someone that you do not know the company well enough to work for.

The good thing that came out of it was getting a new suv, I feel that is my only reward out of this whole mess. I will call my insurance to let them know to take Massage Envy off, put down my business name down. I do have a chance of getting extra credentials towards my massage career I have to find out how to get there and to see if I will be able to get the time off of work I'm sure there will be other classes to take, once the dust settles. Right now my work is unsettled I feel it every time I walk into the building wondering if there will be enough work for me, or will I get the call we do not need you today, we're putting you on call so that our other new hires gets the work. They told all of us that they would not put the older one's on call, only the new one's they have lied to us.

For some reason my heart is not heavy burden this time around, for some reason I'm feeling pretty good about quiting. I'm not sure why, I haven't felt this reassurance in a long time. What ever the reason behind it, I'm not going to question it. I'm just letting every thing be as it should, being left alone let it take care of itself there is nothing I can do about. There will be other jobs, there will always be a place for Massage Therapy, it is one of those careers once you learn it you can not forget it. There is other writing projects that I want to write about, for now I wanted to let my readers know I doing good. And I can not wait for my two weeks to be up, I'm going to work on getting my weight down before summer vacation. In the mean time may you all have a wonderful Easter.

2 comments:

Zeno said...

Congratulations on taking control.

There is no good reason to waste time at a company that does not value you as its employee if you can afford to not work there. I've been fortunate to not need to suffer under poor employers. And when I've left, it's usually been a career move up.

My prayers are with you and CH. Enjoy spoiling your kids with your new time with them!

Summer Rose said...

D - after writing this post, the out come of my quitting was short lived. I haven't been able to post of what is going on.
S.R.