Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Saddness And Memories



This month I celebrated my 1 year annivesary at my job, I can't believe it's been a year already we opened up for business on Aug 11, o6. A year later I've seen a lot of changes, and encouragement that comes from being a Massage Therapist, and the heart aches that come with it. Today I received new of a client that worked as a prison guard. She was full of life and blessings, and if you needed to talk she would listen, today I had her co-worker that came in for a massage, she is 28 yrs old has two kids and was a massage therapist. Just out of luck I asked her if she knew a client of mine, she asked the name I told her, she said that she was sorry to inform me that she took her life about a month ago, I was stunned complete shock had raced through my body. I said are you sure? She was my client not long after we opened this place up; She was glad to have me back at work after I came back from medical leave, she missed me very much, and was pleased to know that every thing went well for me. She said that she was busy working o.t. at the local prison. She said that S.Y. was stealing o.t. from the prison she and her long time boyfriend split up about a week before she took her own life. The personel office was looking into why she was steeling o.t. from the prison and take off, while she was still clocked in, she explained to me that her father was still working for another correction facility, while all of this was taken place.




S.Y. was longer allowed to work in the prison area, but was busted down to doing the mail sort, she went on to explain to me that she was facing 5 yrs in the prison if they found her guilty of steeling.




I'm not sure what promt me of asking her how S. J. was doing, I just hadn't seen her in a long time, even though I had S. J's number I wasn't allowed to call her to see if she was okay, I could have taken the time to do it, I could have called her. With work place rules you are not allowed to contact any client outside of the business, because you would be terminated. I just didn't bring myself in calling her.




S. Y was someone with a spunky attituede a hair style that was off the wall, she told me she was blonde but dyed her hair jet black, made me laugh at times when I felt the weight of the world on my shoulders. She understood what I was going through with C, and knew that it wasn't easy being a mom to a child with bi-polar, and having him with all the other disabilites that C has. She said hang in there, that everything was going to work out just fine.




It's been six months since I've been back to work, three months since S. Y. has came in for a massage. Today I found out why, she took her own life a co-worker went by her place to see why she hadn't showed up for work, he walked in found her dead on the floor of suicede is what he found her 38 yr old lifeless body a young woman who was following in her dad's footsteps. A woman that wanted nothing more than a weekly massage. A woman who I miss dearly; Even though she weighed more than I did, a little less than my late mom, she knew how to brighten up a room with her wild hair style. She was kind to every one, made you laugh in a moments notice, I was totally taken off guard a few times. S. Y. would say you know if it weren't for your good massages I don't think I could handle my work. I would say if you would take some time off you wouldn't have all these problems. Yea you got a point there but I knew she loved her job, but I don't think she really knew what was best for her.




Her parents came in last week and discontinued her membership, I don't think anyone realized who they were or who their daughter was, I did, and so did my other co-worker that handled her with care while I was out on leave.




This is dedicated to my client, my friend and a loving person who I will miss so much. Thank you for your kindness and love. S. Y. God Bless You!





5 comments:

Boobless Brigade Master said...

So very sorry:(

Therese in Heaven said...

Prayers to you and your client's family. We are so very sorry.

{{{hugs}}}

Summer Rose said...

BBM - yes it was very sad, it took me a while to get over this.

Therese in heaven - Thank you for the prayers, and the hugs.
S.R.

Just Me said...

Her Loved ones are in my prayers!!

Summer Rose said...

Just Me - thank you, for the prayers. I'm sure her family are still dealing with such a heart wrenching feeling.
S.R.