Monday, April 24, 2006

A Very Belated Update

Yesterday was very bad, I lost my entire post that I was working so hard on. I didn't back it up like I was suppose to. Then I ended up spraining my ankle, the doc said I was pretty lucky for not breaking it, my bones look really healthy. No damage done thank god! I'm on a pair of crutches, ankle brace and a ace bandage just in case I need it. So far I'm doing pretty good, I'm still going into work today.
Okay enough of that are ready.

From my last weekends post, thankyou so much for the well wishes and the comments for my last weekends post. If you haven't had a chance to read it please do so, you must be 18 yrs to do so. I had a lot of fun writing it, if I have a chance I'll try to do another in a different setting; I just love the beach. ;)

As most of you know we have had some difficulty with our youngster, it didn't take long for someone other than a doctor to figure out what is wrong with him. Sam has autism/pdd he's on the moderate scale, we have three more appointments to go through. I even asked his teacher for another I.E.P meeting with the staff. Whether or not she does it's up to her. I'm hoping she comes through for us if not, I still have a letter from the psychologist.

How am I holding up after we found out what he has? I'm hanging in there. I'm happy, I can't believe it took a year to figure out what he has, I and CH cried, I've always known he was a special child. It's hard to think that all his out burst and the trouble he's having in learning, can lead to a misunderstood learning disability. I'm on the verge of happy tears, I know it will be a long road for all of us. At least we know what we are dealing with. We have several more appointments to go to a house visit from a regional center, which is a few months away, to me it doesn't help me for next year. So now we play the waiting game with the teachers any suggestions on getting teacher to corporate? Or should I just tell her Sam's got and see if that gets the ball rolling? I'm in a muddle of what to do.

As you can tell it's been an eventful week, If you've seen my Thursday's pic you would understand. I guess you can say it's been full of events that I wouldn't want to wish it on any one, It gets more interesting my sister tells me she doesn't want to go into the military, she's to scared and hates being told what to do. I can't take care of her she needs to figure what she wants to do with her life, I can't live it for her she needs to find what works for her. I'm trying to be supportive and when someone's says one thing and turns around says another, I'm ready to pull my hair out! I do love her, she's my sister but she needs to get a job and get her mind off of guys! Sheesh! I'm ready to scream!!

And then on top of that, my brother calls me and tells me they are moving back to Cali in July (I'll see it then I'll believe it) for good. Which I knew he would end up doing, I can't believe this!! What is it with siblings!?! I love them both dearly they aren't talking to one another my brother and sister. Me I'm playing monkey in the middle, can't they leave me out of it? So I've been there for both of them, supporting them with the sisterly love that they need. I just feel like moving out of state and not returning, I have family that lives two states away, I and CH have talked about it. With his job and benefits it's hard to do, and of course there's the job issue I could find a job easily not a problem, him on the other hand I'm sure he would have a tough time finding one. I love my family very much, when push comes to shove it's just hard to concentrate on anything.

So how? Long am I suppose to be on crutches? A freaken week! I still need a paycheck my note from the doc is sitting on the back seat of my suv, it's staying there, I'm not taking it to my boss. I've already explained to her that I've found a lump in my breast and have set an appointment to get it checked, the first week of May. Then it will take about couple of more appointments to figure out what the docs are going to do after that, I'm not looking forward to any of these appointments. All I want is for my body to be normal whatever that is without having to deal with all these lumps. I think I've written quite a bit and this post is so late getting up, when you have family and other obligations it's hard to find the time to post, I will try to post again. I'm not sure when? Maybe when I feel like venting. Take Care have a blessing of a week.

2 comments:

O272 said...

I'd definitely let Sam's teacher in on what's going on. The sooner they understand his situation, the sooner they can start working on helping him out!

Summer Rose said...

O272
after I had post this, his teacher called with a meeting for next week.
S.R.