Monday, September 11, 2006

A Lot Has Happened

Oh were to begin? I know it's been a while since I've said anything. Kids are doing well, a few quirks with C again! A never ending battle, not something that I would wish on anyone at the moment. I got a call from CH, you need to call the school, oh great! He's done worse and now C's stuck in the office waiting for me. Well not exactly. So how fast was I driving and where was I coming from? Had to get my neck and back worked on again. Same problem that I had back in the winter, so I went back for a second adjustment. Chiropractor put me back together again, asked how many pillows I sleep with? Two? Why? There's my problem I sleep with too many pillows at night and that is my foul up with my neck. I'll find a pillow that works one of these days. So back to C, I get the phone from CH do you have the number to the school? No not in my phone, so I pull off get the number from him, I call it for some reason it's not working for me. Either I've written it down wrong and I try to remember the number to the school, that didn't work so. He calls the teacher and she calls me. Where are you? How fast can you get here? I'm just outside of town tell her my location. The next thing she knew I'm already at the stop light waiting for it to turn green. As for my speed it would have been a major ticket KNOCK-ON-WOOD!! There was not one of those guys anywhere to be seen except on my way home. That's enough speeding for this chicky can't afford one of those at the moment.

C's teacher walks him to the office, big mistake on his part he didn't follow our rule of C he is to be sent directly to K's classroom when he gets out of control not the office. He'll either get sent home, kicked out of school and I'm the one that has to pick him up. Not exactly what I need at the moment. So I walk in the office the principle isn't too pleased well it's their damn fault they knew what they were getting into. Hell serves them right if they lose my son as a student, K doesn't want that, he is doing well in his studies. His behavior isn't pleasing the school at the moment. Their actions haven't, set well with us since Pre-K. What the hell do they expect a miracle with C? I don't see that happening. So after signing in at the office I walk over to the classroom were C is he's sitting there doing his work like a good boy. Well see how that lasts. K informs me we have an I.E.P coming up a week from Monday.

I've also got to think about putting him half day of kinder, and wait until next year to put him full day next school year. If C can't behave himself this year what the hell, how the hell is he going to make it through a full day of 1st grade. Apparently they aren't holding him back, he will be 6 in another month. Unlike his older brother he can do kinder work and is coming along with his studies. So he's got a good chance of making it to 1st grade. The only thing that is stopping him of making sure he stays all day is his behavior. Which is causing a lot of problems both here at home and at school and I'm not even sure how to fix it. I've tried time outs, taking things away from C. Nothing seems to work.

So How am I holding up? I haven't gotten to the point of crying, I can't there is too much going on, too many things need my attention. And I'm not letting it all get to me. I'm praying more my patience is half full and getting fuller with each passing day. As long as I'm reading keeping clear thoughts and not letting every little thing bother me I'm doing better. C's got a teacher that's going farther and beyond to what other teachers would go through.

As for J, he's coming along just fine. Has a little more homework this year, than last. Nothing too major. He's got science, history with the ususal Reading and writing and math. I love science which is right up my ally. Loved it in school and still love it today. He's got someone that knows what he's learning about and that helps a lot. He's also finally learning to read it may take him longer, but he's getting it.

As for my job, it's there. Not even close to home, which sucks. I've had to dip into my retirement savings for gas this last time. So we don't get overdrawn in our regular family account. Not good, sometimes I wonder if I should have gone to business school instead. (okay that was so negative of me). I'm sorry I'm just having a hard time accepting the fact, even though I'm so good at what I do. When your struggling to make ends meet and your auto starts acting up, and you so afraid that it might leave you stranded. It's time to really think about what is more important. Maybe I can find a job that is willing to train me better in computers, since I know how to answer phones and take messages. I've learned how to do that while working at a pizza parlor years ago and still do. I'm so ready to take a leap of faith, and if it wasn't for the house work that needs my attention I would travel to Sac. To look for that kind of a job.

Of Course I did apply at my local school district, haven't heard anything yet. I know it will take a while. At least it's a start, in the right direction. I think part of it is. I'm wanting to get my own place, where I can do my own massages and just be able to say this is truly mine. It will be years before I can do that, at least I can dream and not get too mad over it. Just like I was so hoping for a new auto, which is going to have to wait until we know for sure that this will work out. I'm one that doesn't give up, always looking for a new way of making things work. And if it means being away from my boys at night and keeping the window cracked and a radio blaring then, that's what I will have to do. In the meantime I will look for a new job and hopefully one with a 401k, and one that is willing to train. I'm more than likely asking for too much. We'll have to see.

I've been working on this post, since last Thursday. Here it is Monday, on my way to and from work flags have been set, half staff for those who lost loved ones. Local cemetery also had theirs set at that level, fire departments as well. Even though for some may not be working today others seem to have a job to do. Mine is to heal and bring peace to those who seem to need it most. And if I must leave what I love so be it. I'm not alone in setting up my dreams, I believe that god can be the opener of many doors.

2 comments:

O272 said...

Schools expect not only so much from our kids but also us as parents that it's becoming ridiculous. Kindergarten used to be an introduction to socialization. Today, it's the beginning of preparations for standardized tests. Thanks, Bush.

Anonymous said...

Schools seem to not want to spend an effort on THEM being responsible. I try to get my daughter to get her HW done, and yet - the school has no repercussions if it isn't done...

Unreal.