Friday, September 15, 2006

This has been in the family for years. It was always hanging in the kitchen, next to the front door. Every day I would glance at it not really sure, what to make of it
until recently. It was the first thing that I brought home, after my mom had past. Instead of hanging it in the kitchen, I've got it hanging in the living room between our boys pictures. Above the fire place, I guess you can say it's been a prayer that I've turned to, when I can't seem to focus on anything else. I have many others, but this one seems to be the most fitting at the moment. I really don't feel like, having someone bash me over the head. No I haven't given up hope, there is no way we've come too far and done so much for C. That I would just curl up in a ball and fall to sleep right next to him.

May God Grant me the
Serenity to accept the
things I cannot change,
The Courage to Change the
things I can; And the wisdom
To know the difference.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I've always liked that prayer.

Hang in there, SR. You have come so far, already, and I'm sure that things are going to come together a little more for you all.