Saturday, September 02, 2006

Really Short

Sorry but this is going to be a really short post. We did get the results on C. He has ADHD, not Autism or Aspergers I think that's how you spell it. After two years and five doctors later the answer is now a clear picture. We can get him the help he needs, I've got a special ed teacher helping me with a visual chart. I don't have the right programs that can do this. She said it would take about two weeks to get it set up. What a blessing! To know we're going to get the help he needs. I've been very tired lately, due to so much going on. And wondering when we would find someone to give us the right answer. When I got home Thursday afternoon I had 5 messages, from counselors to the school I.E.P coordinator. We talked about both boys. J was to receive an aid this year. Due to the teachers not recording his difficulties in his classes they didn't put in the request for this year. Until this past week, they are now doing what they were suppose to do. I'm also getting pretty fed up being a C.M.T. (that will wait until I can get a clearer picture on how things are to be at this job. I hate to start a new career path, were I'm to be led to next).

Today I've been slept in until 9 a.m. which is pretty late for me. I can't do that tomorrow I have to be at work by 10 a.m. and won't get off until around 5 p.m. Other wise I'm doing good, it's been a busy week and hopefully I can post again on how things will turn out. In the meantime I'm going Dove Hunting with the boys.

5 comments:

Rob said...

"I'm also getting pretty fed up being a C.M.T."

SR, maybe you're pushing yourself too hard too soon at this new job. Give yourself at least another month to see how things go, pace yourself better, and don't take on extra shifts until you feel that you can handle them better. You don't won't to burn yourself out too soon here. Agreed?

Emily said...

It must be great to have a real diagnosis, so that you can finally get him the right kind of help!

Anonymous said...

I think it is great that you finally have a diagnosis!

My son, was found to have NLD. (Non Verbal Learning Disorder) But they did not have a name for it until he was in his 11th year!

Emily said...

Just wanted to let you know that on Sunday I wrote a post that acknowledged you and other massage therapists as the public benefactors you are. Hope you don't mind the reference to you without permission.

Mermaid Girl said...

What is dove hunting???