Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Thank You To All

This is a big thank you, for all the well wishes that have been sent my way. It's been a harsh week, mixed with back problems and C being switched to a different school, that he had attended the last two years. And having one upset teacher over it hasn't been easy to deal with. There has been a few questions, that have come up along the way, neither one have of them have been answered yet. Sorry it's been a little hair pulling over in my corner.

So here's the answer to the 1st question that, I've not been able to answer and hopefully blogger will be an angel while I upload a pic. This is the little bird that gets caught in the line of fire of a hunter, and since I grew up on a farm they are very common in the country, very seldom you will see these little birds in the city. They are very common to this part of the world, and South America.



Now the answer to the 2nd question, it took about a five days for my back to heal. My second trip to the chiropractor office, his secretary put electrons on my back, left them there for 10 minutes, which helped with my second adjustment. As for my work that evening, I took my time in doing my massages, each client was very understanding. By the time I got home from work, I was tired and a little sore. I should've taken my heating pad with me. It could have been a lot worse, ribs are nothing to mess around with. You learn with time, that you can't rush around and worry over every little thing. It takes time for your body to heal, in my case it took me a while. And I had a few extra hands that helped out.

Okay that's enough, of my soap box talk! So what was it that CH was talking about? That's right. I was invited to a Women's of Faith Conference and concert all in one. I had such a good time. It's not often that I've gone to something like this, The gals from my church go once a year. Next year it's going to be in the Bay Area, we're not going the traffic is a lot worse than going to Sac. I wasn't even planning on going, I had totally forgot that this past weekend was the Conference, I was planning on going shopping with my handsome boys. (Remember I've got three):D, So how did I end up with a ticket to such an event? I walked C to his classroom and being it p.j. day I came home picked up his p.j.'s and went back. K had a bit of surprise for me, that I didn't even know about. She asked if I had any plans for this weekend I said not that I know of except for some shopping. I didn't let on that I had that to do. Well now you do, the gal that was suppose to go, her Asthma has been serve and couldn't make it to the Conference. So I ended up going in her place. So I called CH told him that I was invited to this Women's of Faith Conference, and K will be picking me up in the morning. He didn't mind, he was glad that I went and so was I.

After one hell of a week, I guess you can say we both needed a spiritual lift. We've been dealing with a lot. She has been losing sleep over this situation, and even though she knows it's out of her hands, and it's my child that I'm dealing with. She got so use to having him there in her classroom always giving her hugs, smiling with his blue eyes. It's hard to let go of any child, when you've worked so hard in getting him back on track. It only took her nine days, of work but it was worth all the energy that she had to get him to learn. My Saturday was spent laughing, crying and singing and just having a good time. We both realized we needed this badly. There were about 10 of us from our church that went, there were so many other churches there from all over the state. Some came as far as Nevada to be there, it was such a blessing to be invited. I wasn't even going to attend, I didn't even ask to go because I've missed a few bible study classes and the money was due back in July. So I didn't even ask, there has been so much going on. That it just skipped my mind. Each speaker was amazing there are no words to describe the energy that was flowing through the building it was awesome.

One of the highlights of the Conference was Dr. Phil had walked his wife off stage. The crowed just went crazy everyone was cheering, clapping and standing obviations. And by the way he does have a bald spot right on the top of his head. She has a book out I didn't buy it, there will be other chances to buy it, her book I'll pick up at a book store or borrow it from someone that went with us. So it's not something I have to have. I've got enough reading material to last me for quite a while. From my bible study class, to studying for a test that I really need to think about taking again since I didn't pass it the first time around. I don't know which way my path will go. I know I'm not in control of it, I've got to keep moving forward. Look back and say I've done all that I could, and learn from it.

I did let K know that he was doing really well, at the school he attended for the last two years. I know it's not easy for any parent or teacher that loves kids. She felt relieved when I told her that he did really well yesterday, before bible study had started she felt relieved. Even though it's not easy for any of us, right now I'm praying for changes I'm also know it's not easy to change things. This school district can not continue to do what they are doing to students and their parents.

It's funny how life can bring you to different events, that you don't know what to do about. And for me, I'm happy that I got to enjoy a Conference, and my first Concert that I've ever been to. The name of the group that was there, was Avalon. Let me just say they are one awesome Christian group. I couldn't go in the past due to work, school and this year, was just a sweet unknowing blessing. For some reason I needed to be there, and god saw a way of me going. And I'm glad that I went, a day with no kids. There were a few babies, that must have been a few months old. It was a good day.

As many of you know it's also Breast Cancer awareness Month, this means us women get our breast check. I know many of us will say yah I'll do it when I get older. Or I'll do it when I have the time. Or I'll get them check when the kids are at school. Or the big one. I'll do it when I find a change. I'm sorry to say there are a lot of young ladies out there that are coming up with breast cancer, the youngest so far 18 yrs old. I've been through mammograms, needle biopsies, and surgeries. And doesn't change the fact that I still check every month. I've done myself exam for this month. So next month I'll check myself and if I find anything, I'll give a call to my doctors. I still have one more surgery later this year, or the beginning of next and I'll be very happy to have it finally done. I'm praying that I don't have to go through any more needle biopsies, I will continue my breast exams. If you know of someone that is a survivor, let them know that you are thinking of them. And if you are at that age or know someone that should get their breast check, there are programs that will give free breast examinations.

I know this is an overwhelming post, and it's taken me a while. I've been a little on my back again today I'm not sure what is going on. I know that taking time off of work is hard to do. I've received a memo at work stating that we are not allowed to call work just say I'm not coming in today, because I'm not feeling well. So I know I've really got to start back to studying again, so I can get the benefits that I need and take time off of work when the kids have a day off. The only thing I've got to worry about is having a baby sitter at hand just for that reason. Hopefully every one that comes across my place will have a good week. Again thank you for the well wishes and the funny comments, and no it wasn't from lifting any of CH's hunting mags. He's a good sport though.

3 comments:

Just Me said...

Wow, what an intense week! I heard wonderful reports about the conference. Are you able to study while you are on your back? And what does your work expect you to do? Just not show up when you are too sick to come in?

Summer Rose said...

Just me- Thank you for stopping by, the test I'm taking is to become a teacher's aid. I know I'm going out on a limb. And yes I did study while flat on my back.

As for my work their getting on my nerves. They have had a few problems with massage therapist not showing up for work. Which makes the rest of us look bad.
S.R.

Anonymous said...

((big huggs)) Hope things are looking up hun. ;-)