Monday, April 16, 2007

Happy 32nd Birthday!!

Yes is true I turned 32 today, and it was an okay day. Lots of calls since yesterday, my dad, my brother, today my sister called left me a message which I got after work. It was a long day one mistake was made by one of the receptionist, they weren't watching what they are doing, booked me a massage then forgot to put in that it was a chair massage. It's one thing to book the appointment then another to forget the important information, of what kind of massage the cleint is need of. In this case it was a 30 min chair massage. I've done table massages for this long, but since it wasn't put in the computer right, I was late getting to the client. Of course I gave the client the right amount of time and giving her a little extra few minutes on her back and neck.

You take the good with the bad, and try to make sure mistakes like this doesn't happen again. To me it's just part of the job, making sure the clients needs are taken care of. And if they are a little sad or feeling the need to cry I let them, or just listening to why there is so much stres in one part of the back, it's part of the healing process that each client is going through. Usually it's pain managment that they are coming in for, or just needing a good relaxing massage. Which is fine with me. That way I don't have to worry about the inflamation in my left wrist. It's a little swollen this evening, after J and C goes to bed I'll be putting ice on my wrist for a little while.

My tips run about $10.00 to $30.00 per week, one of my clients brand new. She gave me a check for $50.00 I couldn't believe it! She was so in love with my work, that she's coming back. Along with her husband, each client always ask how long have you been massaging? I tell them 2 yrs. One of my all time favorite questions is how old are you? I'm 32 today. She looks at me and says no way! I don't know why, but I just get a kick out of these questions. Another topper is how long have you been working here? 6 months, wow that's a long time, of course I don't tell them that I've wanted to quit a few times. For some reason I've stuck it out, :) I think it's the change in supervisors, only if they could stop hiring so many darn massage therapist. I think the one's that have been there the longest, should be able to handle the work instead of hiring new ones. We've already told them don't hire any more for the mornings, because I'm not about to lose any more hours of work because someone didn't bother calling me and asking if I wanted more hours of work. Instead they hired three new one's in my absence. To me it's just the way I look at things, through the eyes of those who are in need of healing in any way they can get it.

When I turned my calendar over todays date, I found this quote that has stuck with me since high school. One that has actually brought me full circle on my road of hard knocks.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost

You have made known to me
The path of life.
Psalms 16:11 NIV

6 comments:

Fusion said...

Well Happy Birthday SR.
You young thing you!
Hope it was a good one.

for a different kind of girl said...

Sorry I'm late to extend these, but I wanted to wish you a happy belated birthday!

FTN said...

Happy belated birthday from me as well!

Every time you write about a massage, I get all relaxed. Then I seriously want a massage...

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great birthday SR! I'm sure CH was a good boy for you.

Summer Rose said...

Fusion- Thank you, it was a good one. A very quiet one, I have to wait until Sat, to open up my presents.

FADKOG- It's never too late, I was suppose to post this on Sunday. My computer went f-bar on me.

FTN- I know the feeling, two days after going back to work. I got myself one from one of my co-workers. Aaaahhhh Massage. :)

Mr.Husbland- Ch was working on my birthday, not exactly how I wanted to spend it. But what can ya do?
S.R.

cinnamon girl said...

Happy (very) belated birthday, Summer!