Sunday, April 08, 2007

My Slow Return

In my last post which was written, back in Feb. I can't believe I actually stuck it out that long. Wow! it was a well deserve break and one that really needed my attention. And I will reveal why I took such a long break, most of you know that I've always attended church and for those who are new to reading me, just bare with me. And that I also attend a bible study class which I had to give up due to CH's working swing shift. I see them when I go to church, if I'm not up too late the night before. I've missed two Sunday's in a row, I do make it up in the evenings. I have pulled out my bible study lessons and work on them for about an hour. Which has given me so much peace and a positive out look. Of course there are days when I feel as if I'm taking one step forward, and three steps back. I get through those hard times with a shot of positive reading, and a reminder that is sitting on my desk.

As the days went by, I knew I was doing this for a good cause. This is harder than I thought, I will try my best to keep this short as possible. I've been working on a bible study called Surrender. We have been working on this book for about four months we should be finishing it up pretty soon. I'm one chapter behind, and I will finish this book before the next new bible study arrives. Even though I cannot attend it's good to have fresh stuff to read. One of the things that caught my attention in this book was if you could give something up what would it be, and for how long would you be able to do it for? It's part of making your faith stronger, it's been one mind thinking, looking at yourself differently and realizing that all is not lost without Christ. It hit me just at a time that I needed it most, and with Easter just around the corner, I thought I would try this and see if I could actually last until after Easter.

It wasn't easy I almost lost it, I didn't think I could actually stay away from writing anything here. I did keep a journal with one months of writing, there is a few things that I will bring out of there and put here. Just to give you an idea how things have been with me and our two boys. I almost came back to writing last Thursday just before Easter and I was stopped dead, no it's not time you made a promise and I had to keep it. So I deleted my title and my one sentence that I had written, continued my bible studies. I'm doing two at a time, one for Monday nights and a devotion. Which takes about one hour to do when I have a good night with J and C. If they aren't fighting or taking too long in getting chores done, by the time I get one done it's already 11:00 p.m. and I'm ready for bed, to be up at 5:30 in the morning. I don't have that much time in the morning trying to get both boys ready and I have to be at work by 9:00 a.m. even though my days are long, it's good to be able to get some down time in.

And yes this will be a slow return, my posts will continue to be a few weeks apart. I'm going to try to keep up with bible studies, of course my boys and whatever else is thrown my way. Hopefully not too much at one time, this is my first post back so we'll see how this pans out.

A Happy Belated Easter to all of you. And may your week be a good one, and once again it's cold out here!

3 comments:

FTN said...

Impressive. It's great that you are doing that.

for a different kind of girl said...

I applaud your discipline in this area and support it completely. I can imagine it's tough, and I wonder if that's why, for me at least, I think this would be tough.

Summer Rose said...

FTN - It wasn't easy, that's for sure. I knew I needed this, and with two kids one with high demands and one with low demands, I knew I needed to get back on track.

FADKOG - Thank you, for your support. Yes it is very tough, getting up early and going to bed after 10:00 p.m. and doing all over again, it's well worth it.
S.R.