Saturday, April 14, 2007

There is something that has been bothering me lately. I feel that I need to get it out into the open. Bare with me, as I tell you all that I'm not feeling very sexy at the moment. It seems that I've gained 10 pounds since my last visit to my obgyn, I missed my pap back in November and finally got in there a few weeks ago. As many women know you have to get weighed to my supprise, thinking that I've lost some weight since my last doctors visit which I didn't I've actaully gained 10 freaken pounds! Instead of weighing 170 I'm now weighing in at 181 pounds just great! So guess what, I had to buy a whole new set of clothes to wear this summer. I went from a cute size 12-14 average to a whopping size 16 just great! Which meant everything that I bought last year and the year before had to go into the giveaway bag. I did cry because it hurts badly. And even now I want to shed a few tears, everything that was ever bought for me had to go. There is only two skirts and two shirts that actually fit one of them my mom bought for me before she passed away another set was bought as a gift to wear to my class reunion.

Don't even get me started on some of my sexy outfits, they are gone too. And I'm not replacing them! If I don't have the body for them why waiste good hard earn cash on something that will not look good! Even though I still work out 5 days a week bought two new work outs, different kind of weights. And I'm still weighing in at 181 pounds. My bloodpressure is right were it should be, I didn't even right it down. But it's right were it should be. I'm not eating anything that isn't healthy yet I've gained weight! The only place that I've actually lost weght is in my boobs, I don't feel top heavy but I feel bottom heavy if that even makes sence to any one.

On top of my weight gain I'm also going through pre-menopause too, not a good thing either so now I've got to watch how much milk I drink how much I'm actually eating, and find a way to try soy milk. Any ideas? I'm just running into all kinds of fun, and some how I'm still trying to stay positive without, going into a pity me. I'm really close of taking my belly ring out and not even bothering to put it back in again. That's how much I've gained, it's not that it bothers CH but it bothers me a lot, I'm trying my best not to go out and spend a ton of money on clothes for myself, but to put the money toward buying clothes for J and C.

They need clothes more than I do, then turn around find out that you have gained more than you should have. It's not even funny, and I look at myself in the mirror and wonder how the hell did this happen? Oh that's right I had surgery I'm now going through the change that should happen to older women!! And I'm so close to hitting that 200 pound mark!! My mom died because she didn't take of herself she died because she weighed 290 pounds with high blood pressure! I'm not nor do I want to hit that mark because it scares the living daylights out of me! I've always been thin and now with these changes, I'm litterly toturing myself of staying thin. Not hollywood thin but at least not going out and buy new clothes every freaken year!

And knowing what the bible says, be still for I'm with you. Give me all your troubles. And yet I'm finding myself trapped, between faith and weight that it's not even funny. I'm barly snacking, two days last week I had to skip lunch due to clients needs, I come home and make dinner and it's not even fast food. Everything that I make for dinner is bar-b-qued or on the Forman grill, or the slow cooker. Yet I'm still working out, sometimes thirty mins before I start my bible study, yet I'm still getting up at 5:30 a.m. and doing my workouts. Walking to pick up C from his after school program. The only thing I haven't gotten into yet is running, and as soon as the rest of my swelling goes down, I'm buying myself three sports bras and going try run again. I know this isn't exactly a post that I would normaly would write about, but it's one that I felt the need get it off of my chest and off of my mind. I will leave you with this:

Calm me, O Lord as you stilled
the storm,
Still me, O Lord, keep me from harm.
Let all the tumult within me cease,
Enfold me, Lord, in your peace.
Celtic Traditional

8 comments:

cinnamon girl said...

You poor thing! I know what it's like to gain weight and feel unsexy, it's happened to me too. But don't throw your clothes out yet, just hide them away where they won't torture you. And don't take out your belly ring! It's cute, no matter what size your belly is!

I can't recommend any good soy milk because I'm not sure what brands you have in the states. But over here there are a few very mild tasting ones. Try different ones to see which one you like best. Personally I don't like soy much in tea or coffee, but it's great in smoothies or chocolate milk. I like it on cereal and in custard too. If you really hate the taste, try a flavoured soy - vanilla is good, even in coffee.
There are other ways to get soy into your diet too. Silken tofu can be used in smoothies and cheesecake amongst other things, and marinated firm tofu is great added to stir-fries - not just for vegitarians! I can email you a few easy recipes if you like.

ArtfulDodger said...

You mentioned weights as part of your workout? I don't know the details of your regime, but I've known friends who this has happened to. It might just be additional muscle mass that is to blame. There is a difference between working out to loose weight, and building muscle. The extra weight might be that. Agian, limited info here. :)

Fusion said...

Hi SR, glad you're back up posting.
What Art said is right, and the more muscle tone you add, the more your metalbolism will kick in, and utimately help burn more calories.
Keep trying, ok?

ArtfulDodger said...

And a very, very Happy Birthday!! :)

Confused Husband said...

Happy Birthday baby!! I love you!

I'd comment on this post but you already know how I feel.
Love,
CH

Just Me said...

SR - I know what it feels like to have 10 pounds sneak up on you. Have you shared this with your doctor? Don't throw the clothes out yet - the weight is a temporary thing!

The biggest thing to remember is to not let Satan get you down with the lie that your value and self worth is based on your success at your weight.

By the way, I love vanilla flavored soy milk for my cappuccinos and mochas.

Summer Rose said...

Hasarder - I wish you had warned me before I threw most of my outfits out. If you have any good smoothie recipes that calls for soy milk send them my way.

Artfuldodger- I went from uesing pilates to Leslie Sansone's walk away the pounds. I came across her walking workouts on comcast on demand. Pilates wasn't doing it for me any more, my body got use to doing one kind of work out. So I changed it up a bit.

Fusion- I'm not giving up, working out. It's what keeps me from loosing my mind in the mornings it's better than coffee.

Artfuldodger- I already know what one of my gifts are, I don't know what else he has gotten me. I kind of know what his parents got me only because mom-in-law let it slip the other day.

Ch- I know you love, no matter what my waist size is.

Just Me- No I haven't shared this with my doctor only my obgyn. I'm due for a doctors checkup due to my inflamed wrist. And you are very right Satan can be such a jerk, he just needs to leave me alone. Is vanella soy milk okay in cereals?

Is soy ice cream okay to eat? because I just bought some just to try it out.
S.R.

Therese in Heaven said...

Hi, Summer,
I'm so sorry about your struggles. I think probably every woman can sympathize with your thoughts of not being attractive at some point or another. It sure is hard to have a good self image in this society sometimes, isn't it?

Since you are eating right and exercizing, perhaps it is a hormonal or thyroid situation? Maybe a doctor can help you figure out what's wrong....

Hope you are able to cope with everything better soon!