Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Faith And Hope

I can actually say that my faith and my hope, are the two most powerful aspects that get me through my toughest moments. This past weekend was Mother's Day, which was very nice. I had a lot of calls my brother from Utah called me, and wished me a Happy Mother's day, he even informed me that our dad and my step mom, are planning to move back to Mexico in a few years. A shock to all of us, my brother is not happy. We are both feeling very overwhelmed, we have a few years before they move. I haven't seen my dad since last summer, and the rest of the family a few years ago. It doesn't seem fair, we're all feeling a little bit sad. Faith brought us together, and hope brought us memories to last a life time. As always our phone conversations went from talking about jobs, our kids, and to what we will be doing for this special day. I even got to talk to my sister-in-law, she is doing fine. My two nephews and niece are doing good, growing the oldest is in Cub Scouts the other two are still a little young to join.

My Brother that I'm really close to also called me, he is doing fine. Except for the homesickness that he is feeling at the moment. He lost 20 pounds, from working and eating healthy. He has been warned not to lose any more, He is 6'1 while I'm 5'6 1/2 and thin. We talked about how much we miss our mom, and if she was here what she would be doing for Mother's Day. And how many times she would tell to stop running in the house! It's not been easy we keep wondering if there was something different we could have done. Only if she would have watched what she ate, and wondered if there was some way of getting her high blood pressure under control. Alas there was nothing that could be done. Her time was up and the Lord needed another angel.

My Boy's took me out to breakfast which was really good, we had a good time with CH's parents, I and my mom-in-law had chocolate covered strawberries they were soooooo goooood. After a wonderful breakfast we came home did some much needed work around the house, which is never ending. I vacuumed my suv all the carpets are cleaned the outside has been washed and my windshield is much better to see out of.
And yes we did go fishing last Friday it was a lot of fun, and yes I did help catch two cat fish on Ch's new fishing pole and reel. I do have to say it was so much fun, catching and releasing fish is the fun part.

As for things with C, they are the same; No change in his temperaments, C has also been kicked out of his after school program for the rest of the year. C is not allowed back until the next school year. So in the meantime I have changed my hours at work, CH has to be up with both boy's while I'm walking out the door at 7:00 a.m. and coming home an hour earlier, with school ending it's better that I start earlier and getting off early too. That way we don't have to worry about a babysitter during the summer or when school starts back up in late August. And now I can actually can come home and do my house work that seems to wait until the weekends, then again that doesn't last very long, since we've seemed to have found something to do as a family such as night fishing or going away for the day.

My evenings are sometimes filled with temper tantrums that are non-stop. Or trying to get two boys into bed by 9:00 p.m. then finding that I'm very exhausted from the days work and the drive home that I'm wanting to fall asleep the minute I get home. I know the cause of this, I've forgotten to take my multi-vitamins that I'm suppose to take. Which lately I haven't been doing that.

J is doing good in school, he recently got a C+ on his science fair project. Which is a pretty good grade. No complaints from me or his dad, he is giving it his best shot, now if he would only remember to give important information that way I know exactly what is going on at school. He didn't tell me that picture day was the week after Spring break I walked into the office last Friday to let them know that he had a Chiropractor's appointment and that they recently had picture day. Now I have to wait until next spring to get his done. Since kids do tend to grow more during the fall and late spring it's better to get them done right before school lets out.

Since we couldn't have ch home for dinner, we took him dinner on Mother's Day evening of course J and C thought it would be fun to try to keep an Alligator lizard as a pet which is now running loose in the garage, I'm hoping one of the cat's will take care of it. I can't believe the two of them thought is fun to let such a icky critter run around in the garage. I'm hoping it doesn't show up while I'm doing the laundry or cooking dinner. And if the darn thing dies in my laundry someone will be doing the laundry and it won't be me! I think it's time to teach J how to do the laundry *evil grin*.

It's about time to get dinner on the table and maybe, just maybe a relaxing evening before I go to bed. We'll have to see, every time I try to do that my boys seem to think it's their time to be up. Mom is in need of recharging her batteries.
That's all for now I'll try to keep you all updated, when I get a moment of quietness.


Last but not least, I would like to say farewell to a wonderful blogger who has been around longer than I have. May Artful Dodger and Lady L, have a blessed life together. May their families be stronger than ever, they both are very caring people. So Here's to Artful Doger God Bless you and Farewell. You will be truly missed.

3 comments:

Confused Husband said...

I see absolutely no reason why her shouldn't be doing laundry dear. Or cooking dinners for you too. When my dad was working out of town and was only home on weekends I had dinner on the table by the time mom got home from work in the evenings. I was the same age as him. I did laundry too.

He really don't know how easy he has it. I had to do everything that he does and more. And I STILL had time go out and play or do what I wanted to do.

I still think that you need to reconsider what I was texting you about earlier dear. She really sounded like she wanted it. ;-)
CH

Summer Rose said...

Ch- half of your comment made sense the other half, I'm not so sure. I'm also half awake, half asleep while I'm reading this.
S.R.

Confused Husband said...

How can that last part NOT make sense dear? All you have to do is look at your phone to recall the text messages I was sending you last night.
CH