Sunday, June 29, 2008

...And The Fun Begins!!

It's one thing to have been a teenager, and another to have a teenager pick the wrong topic to discuss. Since I've had one dose of schooling under my belt let's do another, this time the topic is not Massage therapy this goes beyond Massage Therapy. One that most of us out there know picking a fight with your mother or father your gonna end up losing in the end. My oldest has been good up until he tried an energy drink and now he thinks it's the best thing since the invention of the Chocolate Chip Cookie! Sorry to say he thought it would be great subject to discuss, turns out to be one hell of a science lesson in drinks! During his time that Dixon May Fair his friends got him to try an energy drink during his week stay at the fair. Telling J they not good for you because you don't know what they are putting in those drinks, and whining because his friends have tried them before! To say the least the energy drink talk once again resurfaced, and this time I was not going to run to the nearest store to get him one knowing full well they can do more harm than good.

By the time we got into the drive way I almost rammed the back end of my suv right into Ch's parked Toyota pickup not to mention the garage, because J had decided to pick a fucking fight over energy drinks! I don't give a damn if other kids are drinking them what I care about is his health. Talk about a big argument right in front of the neighbors, doors were slammed one kid sent to his room and the cell is once again being turned off for one day! If he thinks he's going to bring this subject again there will be one less cell phone to worry about. Since this was a hot debate during my first time in school and I pretty much knew energy drinks was already been given a bad name. Partly because of the sugar content they carry and the herbal content they contain, the fda was not sure if herbals were a drug or used in remedies.

To me this fad will eventually fade, or someone is going to end up suing the beverage company because someone over dosed on their energy drinks. Or one of these beverage companies will end up putting an ingredient that does not belong in the mix, what am I to know I'm just another parent that has concerns of J's well being, fire me then I don't care.

Of course J knew he should have kept his mouth shut over it, he knew how I and his father feel about energy drinks yet the brat thought he could get me to buy him some on payday. Turned out he ended up with his foot in his mouth! J also has a little bit of asthma going on I haven't looked up the side affects of asthma with energy drinks I'm not taking my chances either. Since the air quality has been in the unhealthy range because 1,000 fires have been burning, going outside this past week put a dapper on using the pool. J had called me earlier this week asking me to buy him an energy drink because he was tired of drinking water and soda, I told him to look outside and tell me if he needed one! He would complain because he was tired in the mornings and needed a pick me up. Give me a break!! You just barely got out of school on June 13th and now your complaining you can't stay awake because your board. I swear next year J is either returning to summer school! Or he's being shipped to the nearest camp! I'm not going through this again.

So after we both cooled off, he came out and apologized to me for arguing with me over energy drinks, I showed him a few articles on why young kids his age should not be drinking energy drinks. Points given tonight Mother -1 J - 0, I know the fun has just begun Lord help us all!
If he can stew over a subject this long, I hate to see how he can handle one that has more of a punch to it. We really need to start thinking about sending him off to Christian youth camps, for the next five years.

If you have any funny stories, or any advice that has a good meaning to them feel free to share.
By the way I want to say a Fare Well to a good blogger friend DH, he's decided to leave I wish him the best of luck and continuous prayers for his journey. Thank you for showing me kindness during I and Ch's first years in blog land, Good Luck to you.

2 comments:

Zeno said...

Wow...what a blessing that reason helps at all with your kid!

I'm not looking forward to the day when mine start to grunt and listen to nothing I say...sigh.

Summer Rose said...

Trials and error, if there one thing kids do listen to or they should be is the drug talk. That will get a kids attention...J lost contact with his aunt a few years back due to her drug use. Since then she is clean and working for a cable company.
S.R.