Monday, June 02, 2008

Sorry For The Break

I'm not sure if I have any readers left, nor do I stop by those who regularly read. Too much has been going on since my last post, and with every weekend off I'm planning to update a little more. I finally convinced my supervisor to let me have every Saturday off, instead of working every other Saturday, my school work has consuming my time with the family, but that is the price you pay when you return to school. I have no regrets in returning it has built my self esteem higher than my previous return to school 3 yrs ago; I'm finding this to more informational than I had in high school and some how I'm retaining more than ever before.

My grades are not exactly where I want them to be, at least they are better than I believe they could ever be; I'm happy with them my teacher has much faith in me. Which is a good thing because speaking in front of a group of strangers is not a walk in the park! I get very nervous where my body starts to shake I can feel my face turn red, and my hands start to shake, not a simple task to over come. So in this class I'm learning how to put a speech together and speaking in front of a small group is not so bad, my first night we had to pick an activity out of a hat and talk about it. It was a tad bit nerve racking thank god for a small class! I do not think I would be able to do it in front of a large class of 10.

For the most part I'm loving school, home work can be a breeze if I could have more time on it. That is why I've decided to remove myself from working every other Saturday, to working one Saturday a month. Ch is loving the idea now we can actually do something other than wasting a weekend. I can be more productive with my learning team, this will help tremendously cutting my work hours; my supervisors understands where I'm coming from, her daughter was doing the same thing that I was doing bringing my homework in and working on it during my breaks. I'm pleased she took notice of my school work and has taken me off every Saturday and only work once a month.

As for C we get to see him tomorrow he did call last Friday evening he is missing home, he can not control himself; outings are out of the question at the moment we do not know all the details nor do we know what is really going on with him. We know that he is in need of intense care, he said he is not progressing to a lower level of care, he is still being sent to the quiet room; This is a challenge for C to be away from us. I have not stepped into C's bedroom since he left nor, can I look at his room, it the same as he left it. It is in need of a good vacuuming and a paint job, I just can not bring myself in doing anything with it.

J on the other hand is loving every moment of C being gone, except for his suspension, for fighting. J was protecting himself from the other boy when the teacher saw what was going on, both J and the other boy were sent to the office, J's teacher called me to pester me about getting J to see his counselor before this had taken place, she senced that J was still unhappy with the situation of C being out of the house turns out, that J is not unhappy but getting ticked off with the other kid picking on him. If the teacher had saw that the other kid was the one getting to J, I think she would have a different point of view. The teacher thought that J is the type of kid to start fights he is not, we told the teacher at the I.E.P meeting he is not the type of kid that would start fights, most of the time it's the other kids that have been after J. He's just defending himself.

My neighbors who have known J for a long time know he's not the type of kid to start a fight, I'm sure he would put up a good argument but that is far as he would take it unless the other kid throws the first punch. Since I haven't taught J to fight because of C, having behavioral problems there was no way J was going to be taught self defence lessons We have a month left before C returns home, J has found peace during this difficult transition. Ch often thinks it's not fair having one child here and the other gone. But C needs the help, more than ever.

I will post more as soon as I get a chance, home work has not been easy to accomplish. I have learned a lot since returning to school I feel I have accomplished a great deal in the last 5 months I pray to continue down the road of success.

No comments: