Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Here We Go Again

As many of you know I've had some health issues and some have been easy to treat, some caused me to out of work for two months. Just as I think that I'm going to find a great diet to lose some weight that I have gained in the last year, I thought it's a good idea to have my i.u.d checked. So I made my appointment went to my doctor who I just love and she checked me out had a yest infection (sorry guys) I know that is so gross! After explaining to my obgyn that my libido has taken a nose dive, I'm tired all the time I can be up from 5:00 to 7:00 a.m. ready to start my day by the time I get to work I'm tired I want to take a nap, so fighting to stay awake. I explained to my her that my libido has dropped drastically, this bad I'm not one to complain that I'm extremely tired, or my head hurts I'm achy all over. For some women that's fine and dandy for me hell I want to play, I want to be loved, when your feeling exhausted and there is nothing you can do then something is wrong. So my obgyn sends me down to the to get some blood work done, if your like me who can not handle a needle I feel for you I really do, so I get my blood drawn. About two weeks go by there has not been a report about my blood work. I called the advice nurse she tells me every thing came out fine my blood work is normal.

Nurse: Yes Mrs. R your blood work is fine there were no abnormalities to it.

Me: I do not believe it, so why am I still feeling tired?

Nurse: maybe you need to come back in again,

Me: You've got to be kidding me, do me a favor since your so good at your job send a message to my obgyn here's my cell number, tell my doctor to call me.

Nurse: I have two doctors

Me: my obygn please send her the message to have her call me.

Even a nurse could not tell me if my blood work was anything wrong, on Monday my obgyn calls me on my way home from work, tells me that my blood work is in fact abnormal, my thyroid glad is now acting up on top of the hot flashes that I have been experiencing, abnormal menstrual cycles have been giving us a hell! Not to mention that I'm extremely tired, guess what ladies we all carry the hormone testosterone in our bodies! Last year I was at 189 pounds this year I'm down to 180. We did discuss my weight issues, and not to mention that a piece of the puzzle that has been a pain in my ass! My testosterone level is very low, I should be about 81% of where I should be I'm down in the 20% range. That explains the weight gain that I have been having, tiredness and the I'm too tired to make love tonight.

There is a treatment that I will be starting on, I will have to see my obgyn in about 6 to 8 weeks from now to see where my testosterone level is. My obgyn thought it was stress and the issues that we had in the past but since there is no signs of over stressed and my blood pressure is normal remaining the same since I've been with her, that was not the factor this time. We did discuss my weight we're in an agreement that I would watch my portions don't skip meals and continue to work out. That way I remain active, while my hormones go nuts. And here I sit wanting to go to sleep again, I have been awake since 6:00 this morning except hitting the snooze button. Even swimming is not tempting or the laundry which I have to go do. Boy I'm going to feeling it tonight I still have to go to school. I will be fine, I have women's one day in the cupboard I'll take one of those, hopefully that will work.

Ladies here's a known fact hormones are NOTHING to play around with they are what keeps us going, sure they make that time of the month hell for some of us, your craping your tired, your bitchy. They cause Migrain headaches, they make us what we are strong unbeatable women. If you think that something is wrong go and see your doctor before it's too late, get the treaments that are needed. Don't sit there and say well it will go away or, you know I'm just too busy being the mom who drives the kids around, the cook the cleaning lady or the gal that attends bible study on a Monday night.

Here's the point don't wait until it's too late, take a closer look at yourself in the mirror don't put off what you should do today. If there is one positive thing that I know is love yourself as you love others, that makes every thing good. I know I have a lot on my plate, the love that I have for my wellbeing is enough to say you know I will sleep in on the weekends. I'll take that 30 minute time out, do something for yourselves most importantly don't for get that you are still human. Go ahead scream at me for putting a post that should be talked about, if your younger or older than me give me some positive adivce I'm 33 years old and I'm proud of it!

2 comments:

Ed said...

Hi there. You probably don't know me - I occasionally read CH's blog. Anyway, I just wanted to say that your post resonated with me. Before I'd got to the end of the first paragraph I was saying to myself - hypothyroid. Because what you are going through sounds exactly like my wife.

She battled with her doctor for years - he argued that her blood showed no sign of thyroid problems, even though her symptoms were classic for hypothyroidism. The problem is that there's a lot of debate about what constitutes a 'normal' TSH level. Finally the doctor gave in and prescribed her Thyroxine. She still suffers from tiredness, lack of energy and weight problems, but the Thyroxine definitely helps (when she remembers to take it!).

So my advice would be to do as much research as you can on hypothyroidism and make sure that the treatment that you're prescribed is the best for you.

Well done for questioning the initial result of the blood test and I hope the treatment works out OK.

Summer Rose said...

Ed~You are the first to have given this problem a name, I was beginning to think. There is no one out there that knows what I'm going through. I have been going to the same obgyn for 10 years, she knows me better than any doctor; She figured since I was dozing off in her office she needed proof that something was not working well.

As for the treament it's a cream that I have to put above the pubic bone so I don't get one hell of an infection, I have one month to see my doctor to see where my tsh stand
S.R.