Thursday, August 24, 2006

Feel Like Crying

I had a bad night, couldn't get my massages to flow. Too much pressure leaving the house late getting there five min. Before I clocked in, not exactly the way I wanted to start my new job off! It was such a rocky night that I just wanted it to end. I felt like, I was being told how to do one massage because the client was the owner of a dealer ship, and he's had tons of massages. I felt very unenergized the rooms were freaken cold! Which didn't help, either. My whole sequence just didn't flow like it usually does. I'm so not a happy camper today.

Didn't get much sleep either that didn't help. Too many pets being in the bed room F-I-l's dog is staying with us, until they get back from vacation. My cats didn't get much sleep either they pretty much felt like Buddy had invaded their sleep space. Thank goodness CH was awake when I got off of work we talked until I was halfway home. I feel like clients, expect us to be the greatest things in life! Sure I love what I do and I'm not saying I'm bad at what I do, it's going to take sometime getting use to doing more than at my previous job. I'm sure this will pass that I've found what works for me. I was asked if I knew hot stone massage and to say no I don't I feel that my work isn't good enough and it hurts.

As I'm writing this I'm crying I'm hurting. My sprite is slowly breaking, I have so much to do and I just had to vent a little. Sorry such a short post but right now I just had to get it off of my chest, I'm still human and I know that life is full of challenges and I know this is a new job, it will take sometime to adjust and what works and what doesn't.

Thank goodness I have a boss that understands, my weakness, my strength. And is willing to work with me. We did talk this morning she understands that most of us has had a few jobs that hasn't required a two hour massage. I've been told that is too long of a massage and to think of other things to do and when you've got a client that wants deep pressure and I give a firm pressure, she knew that when she hired me. She loves my work and personality, I guess that a plus for me.

I'm going to go now and see if I can't get myself together before this afternoon. Please all I ask of my readers is to send good karma my way. I'm going to need it!

5 comments:

Rob said...

SR, you must give yourself permission to take the time to adjust to a new job. It takes awhile to settle into things and find your own rythym in performing your work in the way that you see it being done properly. So don't despair. Hang in there. They understand that new employees need time. Just remember, things will be better as time passes. Tomorrow is another day.

Confused Husband said...

Hey baby! It's me but I guess you already know that. :D

I'm so glad that you talked to me this morning. I'm even happier that you came to see me at work because you needed a hug. It doesn't matter what the one client had to say. You know that your a good Massage Therapist and that is what matters. I know that you are a good Therapist as well. Just give it some time and this will work out for you. Just don't give up! Keep your faith. That is one of the things that I have always loved about you. No matter how bad it gets you have always been able to keep your faith. Just keep that and you will be able to do anything.

I love you!
CH

Emily said...

Yes, it always takes time to adjust to a new job. Rob is right about rhythm - and rhythm is very important in massage. You will find yours.

Why don't you just have a long, hot bath and go to bed early? You'll feel much better tomorrow.

Rob said...

So SR, pls tell us how the job is going for you now. It's been awhile.

NeverEnough said...

Good karma sent...