Wednesday, August 23, 2006

No Shoes No Shirts No Problem

I've been wanting a title like that, for a while now. If it were our 5 yr old writing this he would say: No Shoes, No Shirts, No Underwear No Problem! Mine would be No cell, No t.v., No computer No problem. Can you tell I had such a good time? And one Are we there yet? coming from the back seat behind me! and no, J and C did not sleep on the way there, they stayed awake the entire trip to Tahoe. I couldn't believe it myself, a 4 hour drive with no sleepy kids. A few stops along the way, and a portable t.v. game boys, the only thing they didn't do was sleep!?! It was so nice to get away, the smell of pine trees, and good clean air. And houses that sat near the water. Which was a sign we were nearing our destination, of Rest and Relaxation! And a few glitches along the way....Can't have a vacation without some of those. Plenty of books for me to read, which I forgot to pack some for J and C, to read and to look at. We were in such a hurry to get out of here that I forgot them. By the time I realized it was already too late, by that time CH had remembered his cell phone. HaHaha! yes thats me laughing, I said you don't need it any way. Okay so maybe he did need it only to call his sister to ask her, where's the cheapist gas station? not exactly one around here since most are no longer cheap.

It's an amazing place to stay or to live which ever you perfer. At times I would love to live, work, and play there, then again I wouldn't enjoy the drive in the snow not something I'm ready to venture in doing. It's a place where you have so many things to do. It's one of our favorite spots to take J and C to without leaving them behind, the cabin is set among lots of trees and a few log houses, some stay all year long others rent their places out for those to get away from it all. The drive is so breath taking, one of my favorite houses along the main road has wood carved bears one is hanging on a rafter of the house the other is looking into a bedroom window, makes me laugh every time I see it. I haven't stopped to take pictures of it. Most of the houses and cabins are either sitting near Lake Tahoe, or up above on hills over looking the water.

We arrived saftly to the cabin only to notice, strange markings on the window frames. One of the things that they do have are a lot of bears and deer up in the northern areas. There was plexy glass over the windows on both doors, while Ch and the kids checking the outside I was looking for anything that would detail what had happen from last year. I found it, two notes saying it was "unbearable" so we looked for another note saying that a bear had tried to break into the cabin, eariler in the year. Last year I don't know if ch had posted about joking with the boys about seeing a bear while we where eating breakfast. This year it wasn't a joking matter, there was an actual bear sighting in the neighborhood. We didn't take a hike around the creek, that is not far from the cabin, like we had done last year. We did have a good time. Rafting down the Truckee River, looking at fish that you can feed from a foot bridge, it was a lot fun.

One of the coolest things about Tahoe, is it's not far for my sibiling and dad to come it's a lot closer than coming all the way into Cali so, we invited my family to come for a visit. My brother and family sent their regards and said they felt bad about not being able to make it. My sister E said she couldn't make it because of work her daughter couldn't come because it was her dads weekend to have her. My step mother had to work so she couldn't make the trip. My dad was the only one that could make the 7 hour drive from Ut. I felt bad that none of them could make it, I also know the reasons why my brother and his family couldn't make it. I have a nephew that is recovering from cancer treatments and is doing well. He has his moments but is coming along just fine.

This is my dad's second trip to Cali this time, a short weekend for him. He arrived late on Friday afternoon, I couldn't remember the exact color of the suv he was driving but I knew what both types of license plates they have. It was dark when my sister had showed me his suv, I had called him and he was having his tire fix in Reno and would be leaving shortly. So we waited around for him at a gas station, we got board so took a drive around Donner Lake. There were a few houses for sale over looking the lake each one was different no two were alike. Oh the dreams of owning something like that. Or running my own business out of one. For now I'm fine were I'm at. So we drove farther up on old hwy 40 which by the way the view from a vista point it's an awsome few, you could look down and see Donner Lake and houses. One of many creations that is breath taking. So we got back onto the road head down back the montain. So it's been a little over an hour since I had last called him, so I called him again, we had passed him on a major high way. I explained to him which exits to take and he should have no problems meeting us.

We did meet up finally, I road with him back to the cabin. He couldn't believe how beautiful it was. I told him this was nothing to compare what he we would look at tomarrow. We had a good talk, on the way to the cabin. I'm just like my dad, quiet don't say much. He's always been that way, from what I've heard from my sibilings they said he's been that way since they were born. Unless there was stuff that needed to be said. J got to meet him while we were living in the city and when we moved he hasn't been out since. Always saying he needs to come but doesn't.

So when we made the arrangments for the cabin I had asked if, all or any of them would be able to make the trip out. My dad was the only one that could make it out. Even though it was a short visit it was nice for both boys to get to know their grandfather. My niece would have come with him, if it wasn't her dad's weekend to have her. My brother was a little upset that he couldn't come out with him due to family issues and work, he would like to know when we will be doing this again? I explained to my dad that we do this once a year, we make the request months ahead of time that way we have access to it. I'm sure hoping this could turn into a yearly thing for him. I'll have to wait and see.


One of my disappointing moments on this trip, is eating a big breakfast. And you think by now, I would learn my lesson about skipping meals. I'm the type that can't skip a meal. The out come is a huge headech and in the bath room, praying to the procline god, which lasts for at least a good three hours before I can eat anything again. It was about 7:00p.m. before I returned to normal, I was very upset with myself because I didn't get to one of my favorite spots on Lake Tahoe. Emerald Bay is my all time favorite the water is such a deep greeen I love the color of it. I also want my next auto in this color. I should also mention that this was not my first headech on this holiday it was my 4th. My allergies was acting up while there, I can take two capsules and I'm fine for 5 days oh no! that was not the case this time. Every time that I would wake up in the morning, I had upper sinus pressure it wouldn't have it so bad if my nose would have bled. I may not like the sight of blood, it would have been better than having sinus pressure. If you look closely there is a castle that has been on the Island in the middle of the Lake I love this pic.


We had good enjoyable weather, a sweatshirt in the evening. Played a few games C beat us at playing yahtzee. I might have to look and see if we even have that game around. Wouldn't be a bad game to play as a family, when someone pipes up and says I'm bored!!

1 comment:

Rob said...

Those pics are truly beautiful SR, I'm glad that you all had a wonderful time there. Sorry to hear about your headaches though. Just don't skip meals.