Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Writer's Block

I was asked by CH to write a hot post, like I've done earlier this year. As the days nights went I got caught up in reading, a book that I had bought. Which by the way is a very good one. I've bought myself two new books to read, and a third which has been sitting in the closet for three years. You may have heard of this set The Purpose Driven Life, got the double set as an xmas gift. It's unwrapped unused and collecting dust. I've written the post, my heart wasn't in it, for some reason. I may end up deleting it and start a new when my heart is ready. It took me exactly three days to come up with a hot post, and I'm afraid it will be needing some fine tuning done to it. I started it on paper and not on the computer, I knew that I would end up deleting it over and over. I know it's not good to waist paper either. When you've got writers block what can you do? In the end praying that your loved one that is working nights gets home safely. And that is what I have been doing.

After two weeks of hell, I'm happy to be leaving on vacation on Wednesday morning. We've already started packing on Sunday J and C are excited about going knowing, this will be their only trip away from home before school starts on the 23rd. That will be a busy week for all of us, I will be starting my new job full time, working two mornings three nights per week and every other weekend off. That will be perfect for us to do what we want on the weekends and no more hassles with not knowing if I have to work. It's going to be pretty nice.

And since every one has or hasn't read, I've been approved for the breast reduction, this coming fall and it's going to be done around the holidays. I was kind hoping for after the holidays, I'll take whatever they can give me, no complaints here. Except maybe recovery time, and the scares which by now I don't care, I've got enough to last me a life time. So what's a few more? For me it will be better and hopefully the lumps will stop coming back year after year. I will continue all breast exams and if anything comes up I will see my doctor. It will mean no more bra straps digging into my shoulders, and around my breast area. As the time comes nearer I will inform my new employer on what is going on right now I'm enjoying, being a sister, mom, wife, friend and massage therapist. What can I say, I'm all those combined into one happy, healthy and spiritual, loving person. I wouldn't change what I've done and accomplished. For this is who I am.

So what will I be doing on vacation? A little bit of fishing. CH bought me a new fishing pole while out shopping, kind bit into him until he said it was mine. Exact words "don't you have enough of those hanging in the garage"? He looked at me well if you really don't want it that's fine save me some money. On second thought I'll take it! Either way I'll take a pic of my new fishing pole, hell I might just tease my brother with my new set up. . Yes I know I'm rotten, it's not often that a gal gets her own new fishing pole and thanks to F-I-L for putting new fishing line on it. I can't wait to try it out.

I'll be doing some reading and lots of it, we're taking a few movies for the kids to watch along with books and game boys. C was wanting to leave today sorry child I don't think so! Moms got to work so does dad, we still need to pack. C kinda looked at me and said well since daddy is working can't we go by ourselves? We have the key! Me thinks C is ready to leave. Sorry child it's not going to happen. Tomorrow will be a busy one, soo many places to stop and shop. By the time we are done I'm going to be toast. Let you on a little secret I hate shopping!

And yes we will be taking the lap top with us only to down load pics from camera to photo album and ready to be blogged when we get back. And if I'm lucky I'll be the first to catch a fish. Unless J and C beat me to it, We'll just have to wait and see. I'm hoping to bring home some fish to eat. Yumm! And if any one knows some good recipes for trout send them my way. I've got one in the freezer my F-I-L brought home from his latest fishing trip.

It's late and I need some sleep. I've been up since 6:00 a.m., and I've got to do it all over again tomorrow. I'll be taking a six day break from blogging. It will be nice to be away from computers and phones for six days only to turn it on for service in some areas other wise mine will be off I doubt CH will be turning his off. Anyways I'm off to bed.

7 comments:

Rob said...

"It took me exactly three days to come up with a hot post, and I'm afraid it will be needing some fine tuning done to it."

So SR, will we be able to see your hot post before you leave to go on your vacation this week? Hope so.

O272 said...

Have a great vacation! Enjoy your new pole! ;)

Confused Husband said...

O She will definately br enjoying her new "pole"! ;-)




Fishing pole that is. Her other "pole" is still out of service. :-(
CH

The girl-next-door said...

I'm glad you're going to start a new job SR - Good luck! I know the surgery will help a lot and it sounds like the best choice for you...lumps can be scary and your health comes first. Catch a fish for me (I love fishing too!)

The girl-next-door said...

I'm glad you guys are back SR. Like I posted on CH's page, I look forward to reading about the vacation. BTW...do you guys know what is up with PM? I hope he didn't delete himself...

Summer Rose said...

The Girl next-door
I'm not sure what happen to pm he was still up last night. CH was reading him, not sure what happen? I hope he comes back though.
S.R.

Emily said...

Does your new job start today? How exciting! I LURVE starting new jobs, despite how nerve wracking it can be.