Monday, November 06, 2006

Getting Better Little by Little

I know it's been a few weeks since I've posted. I've had a teacher parent conference that I've been wanting to post about, which by the way went very well. The change that we had made earlier this year has been a good one for both C and us. His progress is coming along at a speed that has impressed the teacher and I. C is slowly being main streamed from special day class to a regular kinder class for about 35 min. C has had the opportunity to go to the local library with the kinder class, C's teacher was impressed as how well behaved he was with that class. Even though C doesn't say much about what he does in school, at least he's enjoying his old settings. They only experienced a few of his behavior problems, nothing they couldn't handle, they are well trained in how they deal with kids like C. His writing will remain weak due to his eye and hand coordination, in due time it will come together. Even B who is head of the I.E.P program was also impressed with his progress. I've asked for him to be kept at this school, for the rest of his school age years they said it wouldn't be a problem. I also know it's early in the year to ask about summer school, his teacher said that wouldn't be a problem it would actually help him even more. I have felt as if huge a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, I can't believe how well C is doing. He's come along way since last year and from the beginning of this school year as well.

As I had stated in my last post about taking the test for the school dis. Which I have done. My boss called me and said she didn't need me to come in after I had called the school dis, and tried to make an appointment, to go in and retake the test. I called the school back told her that I was able to come in, and take the test. It's a good thing that I did go in and retake the test. I passed the reading and the writing part of the test, the math part I still didn't pass it. She said to study the math portion of the test and do the lifting part of the test should be easy to pass. Then I should be ready to start work any time. As much as I love doing massages, I know that I need a stable paycheck coming in, rather than wondering if I will continue to have a paycheck every other week. Even though they raised some of the commissions to $4.00 they should have made an even $5.00, that way we would be able to afford the stuff we need for us working families. I've even put renting a place from someone that I know due to money issues, I still need to contact her and see what she's offering. My heart hasn't really been in that situation, I know it would be of some help but not by much. For one living in a small town and being over run with five different massage therapist doesn't help. And two I would be away from my family in the evenings and also depends on what hours would be available I just don't want to jump into something that I won't be able to pay for.

As for J he finally got an aid for his Studies at school, took them a while to get him one, but it's finally done. I was about to start volunteering in his classroom to help him with his Studies if they didn't find him an aid. I've done it before I would have been pleased to do it again. Even though it's been quite a few years since I've helped out in his classroom, to it doesn't matter that I'm just a mom, one who is willing to lend a helping hand when needed. Fighting for my kids education has really taken it's toll on me, I'm finally being able to sleep more at night and feeling as if two weights have been lifted from my shoulders. Now all I have to do is pass the rest of the test and hopefully I've got a good paying job in my future.

I just pray that I'm being led in the right direction. I also understand that there is so much more to life, than wondering or having to worry about bills and money to pay them. Even though I love what I do, there will be more time to do massages around the time school lets out in the afternoons, or in the late evenings like some of the massage therapist here in town do. It wouldn't be hard to do it's nothing than just some thoughts.

Monday 11/6
One of the things I have tried very hard to do is be very discrete about what I've been studying. Today after my boss told me I could go home, she said oh by the way I want to talk to you. As it is I've been pretty good at getting my work done, signing papers that need to be taken care of. And what does she want to talk to me about? Me applying for another job. That one of my sneaky co-workers have went and told her that I've had applied for another job with the school. I told her that it wouldn't be anytime soon there is a lot that needs to be done before I can do anything. She said okay, she said I would like notice, or the lines of a notice. I said as soon as I know more I would let her know. I walked out of her office went back got my stuff and walked out. Like I normally do, I don't say a word to no one or to speak of my kids in that place because as I'm finding they are some that like to back stab. There is only one person that I do trust, she is much older than me and it's not even a boss she's another massage therapist that works three days that I do. So here's were I stand I've done no talking I've done my work and have left the building sometimes without saying a word to my boss. What gets me is there is no privacy to any thing that any one says or does. Even when one of my co-workers is pissed off at the boss I don't go running to her every time they've had some snide remarks made about her. As far as I'm concerned they that like to talk need to make sure she's not on the other side of the door. That would be a worse case for some of them.

I've come along way from my previous jobs, the knowledge of who to trust and who not to trust and when to leave a situation. I've done it all, maybe it's just time for me to find something else to do besides letting other people in. I know how to close up real fast and it's just what I've been doing, here at this job. I know that no harm will come to me as long as I don't let it. And that's the way I will continue with this job that I've got, let no one in and no one get to close to me. And that's including the one's that own the business she had asked me if I were ready for the holidays and about my kids I said that J and C are doing well, and for the holidays I didn't imply too much on. It's best to leave that subject alone for a while.

This sure has turned into an interesting post, I've got a few things to do and a chapter for bible study tonight that I've neglected to read. So I'm off to do that and a few loads of laundry. May each and every one of you have a good week and pray that nothing bad happens.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I am so very happy to hear of C's progress, and you sound so much happier and so relieved, too. Its wonderful.

These work things are tricky, but the wages sound terrible, and I'm sure you can and will do better.

FindingHeart said...

It's good to hear about a school that is making a positive difference. As a teacher, I know how hard that can be to accomplish sometimes. Thanks for the comment, your welcome anytime.

O272 said...

I don't tell my coworkers jack about my personal life. Those guys gossip worse than teenagers!

Congrats on passing the reading and writing part of the test! Good luck w/ the math! Third time's a charm, right? :)

Rob said...

"That one of my sneaky co-workers have went and told her that I've had applied for another job with the school."

Good luck with that new job opportunity with the school, SR. How did that sneaky co-worker find out about you applying for that other job? Had you told her in confidence, asking her to keep it to herself? If so, then as O says, others gossip worse than teenagers. Good luck anyway and be sure to tell us how things turn out for you.

Summer Rose said...

Emily - It is good news, as for my the wages your right they have to get better.

Findingheart- For some parents it takes a little longer for them to realize that there is something wrong.

o272- I have to agree with you on the third time is a charm. Will see how I fair.

Rob- My guess is he was listening on the other side of the door. He does this a lot I'm not the first person he's done this to.
S.R.