Friday, June 09, 2006

Canceled Again

Friday June 9
How many times would you take, if you had a meeting that has been postponed three times. How many of you would say that's enough move my child and find another school ASPI! Yes it has happened again and I let the teacher know this is the last straw I'm taking from this fucking school district! As I'm picking up my son from school she told me that the kids from the special ed, have already been placed in the classes for school in two months. Oh really! Why the hell are they even doing that without us meeting the freaken teachers for next year! Or the fact that they had said there is no way that they were to pick a teacher. If it makes matters worse it was the main branch of the school that canceled this appoint. Until tues. at 3:00 pm, which is a bunch of bull shit! As far as I'm concerned they can take their special classes and shove it where the sun don't shine!

Yes I'm just a little pissed off, (and sorry for the foul moth). It's not easy when you've got a school district, not wanting to help you. And the fact that they are already have enough trouble, with a lawsuit hovering over their heads. I'm about to give them a run for their money, and it's not going to be pretty. I have two choices
1. I could call the districts main office in Sac.
2. Find a advocate to come to the meetings which in my case, is a little too late for that. With that I'm on my own; My only alternative is write them a letter of complaint, asking them to remove my son and finding a school if they don't comply then I will go straight to the top. They have done us wrong for too fucking long and now it's time to either face your mistakes and pay the price. Or as I have said before find him a new school, that will help him more than this one will.

As for youngster going to summer school, it's up in the air again. And it's their fault they know he needs the extra help, they know from the last meeting that they needed to do something. And I get this another, missed meeting because they couldn't get their dates straight. How the hell would they feel, if I didn't show up at those meetings? I'm sure that they wouldn't be happy. I'm sure they would have someone knocking on my door asking me why I haven't attended a meeting with the school. At this time boycotting this meeting is not an option I'm willing to take, at the moment. In all honesty if they cared about my kid then, they shouldn't have left a message on youngsters teachers phone and canceling that morning, knowing all too well it has not been an easy road for us.

Saturday June 10,
One of my favorite things about my job, is I get involved with different activities that they have once in a while. This time is was a 5k walk/run, we had a good turn out we had a few that went home, the weather could have been a little warmer. At least the sun was out, the wind was blowing. And the golfers weren't out at 8:00 a.m. we had full access to the golf course, I got there a little late so both gals that do fitness work were just about done. They had filled me in on the mornings events. They had borrowed a golf cart for the mornings event, which in turn two of the guy's were running after them. Stop you can't take that! As both of them said we work here we'll bring it back as soon as we are done with it. Which we did after picking up the markers that we had used, it was a good day. So what time was the gals there? 5:30 in the morning. I got there about 6:45a.m. I couldn't get moving. At least we had a good time. Exchanged some good laughs and enjoyed the morning.

Sunday June 11,
My usual routine got up for church, had a good morning of sleeping in until 7:30 which is unusual for me. As the morning wore on I found out why the two had canceled the meeting, one was sick the other her mom was in the hospital having surgery. Now I feel really bad, because of the way I just ripped into the school dist. Then I found out who youngest teacher will be a male, that I've never met before. All I know is there better be no backing out of this meeting on Tuesday, as it is they are going to be some words and a lot of not trusting on my part. And maybe a promotion on ch's if the good lord willing, that will mean a possible job transfer. God forbid in the L.A. area, we'll just have to wait and see.

All in all it's been a busy weekend, for the most part it's nice to have a place to vent. And I feel that I've done wrong for getting mad and not knowing all the details. Then again it's one of those areas, where you don't know what to do. Sure I'm displeased with myself, but I know in my heart that there is nothing I can do. Of course the teacher that I talked to, this morning said it's a shame they couldn't say anything the night before. I told her to have a nice week and I would see her on Tuesday at 3:00pm. Not a word did I say that I was planning on having a written report with me, and what I think the school should do. I've spent the last three days on this post. May you all have a good week.

2 comments:

O272 said...

I don't know how you deal with that school! Must be so frustrating!

Glad to hear you had some fun on Saturday! :)

Summer Rose said...

o272-it's very hard, at times I think I've got under control the next thing I know wamo! they've done it again.

Mr. Hubland- I'm going into this meeting with a positive mind, they just don't know it yet. They are in enough trouble, I'm sure they don't want more. In fact I need to make a call.
S.R.