Thursday, June 15, 2006

It's In My Favor!

Yes! I should be shouting for joy, thanking the good Lord up above. For the work that went into this meeting. I can honestly say the education that was suppose to happen this past year, will be met next year. I met his teacher for next year, there is going to be changes made for August. There will be no sending youngster home, there will be a teacher by his side, out of view if he gets out of hand they will have other options in place. A teacher that can take him out of the room if he cannot handle himself, or if it's too much for him to handle. I went as far as drilling the teacher, making sure that he knew what he was getting himself into.

I'm not taking chances with this school, eventhough I know the special ed teacher and the principle since my oldest had attended this school. The rules of IEP's change rapidly even if, they are to follow it exactly how it's written up. In this case both teachers, that were there at the meeting are to go through a special training since they are having a few kids with special needs coming in. I'm pretty sure that I surprised the special ed teacher I'll call her Sarah (not her real name). She had oldest the last two years, before he was sent to a different school.
I don't think she knew I would come in very strongly, knowing the hell I've been through trying to get youngster the help he needs. I held every foul word back, it's either they were going to make sure the help was going to be provided or find a school that could. They didn't like that idea very well, and I didn't care they should have thought about it before we started having problems.

Their tests that the school had me fill out, claimed that youngest has depression. According to those around him, he's not depressed he's a boy, with different needs than a regular child that doesn't need any help with any thing. Now figure out how the hell your going to teach a child that has a great memory, yet has difficult in fine motor skills. At least this time around I'm not pulling my hair out, and of cores I was about to leave if they didn't come through for us. Other tests showed he has adult adhd, others showed us he's got signs of aspergers, and I can't wait to see how our meeting with the regional Center goes. I just love it when someone tells me one thing and then you've got another telling me it's something else. I give up!

After the meeting the principle said to me, your not dealing with the preschool and we've got a pretty good team here, give us a try? Well you know she's got a point there, two lousy years with one school, doesn't mean it could get any worse.
We'll have to see, I'm not holding my breath, for anyone. Which means school visits on my part, every once in a while just to see how he is doing. I'm not counting on any one giving us any more grief, The best thing everyone can do for us is making sure that their job is helping us making sure that youngster will be getting the work that he needs for his learning. If I could I would home school him, there are too many distractions for him here. And I'm not able to give him that kind of schooling, I'll leave it that to the brighter ones.

I have worked on this post since Monday evening, and think I pretty much put everything that went on at the meeting here if not, I'm not coming back and typing it again. I've got some stuff to do, both of my boys were fighting so I already know what my summer is going to be like. Lord I really do need more work.

1 comment:

O272 said...

Glad the meeting went well, Summer! I hope this school does what they say they'll do!