Thursday, July 27, 2006

Summer and Jobs


Here's my pic for the month of July. It seems as though summer days are about to come to an end for us. We have one family vacation coming up next month, I'm pretty excited about it. It's been a year since I've seen my dad and he hasn't seen our oldest in a long time. I've sent him pics of our youngest. L hasn't seen him yet. It's tough when your about two states away, and even though we live so far away I still call him, just to see how every one is doing. This pic is one of my favorites I took it the day before the 4th. They didn't have any summer school, they were up early to catch the bus. I said to both of them, they could sleep any time they wanted to, or go play outside with the dog. They all crashed so hard even the dog didn't realize I was at the door taking this pic! When they got up again, they played some more, I didn't catch C and Buddy on his own bed asleep with the dog. Ch came home from work to change and asked if I knew that C and Buddy we're on the bed sleeping? I said no, I was busy doing things around the house. I knew something was up because, I didn't hear any fighting during the day. When Buddy stayed with us he was very well behaved. Of cores he didn't listen to chi he ignored him totally I would tell him to lay on his bed he would do it. CH would shake his head, I would start laughing. F-I-l would say the same thing, then again there were times when Buddy didn't want to listen to any one. As for my two cats, they didn't mind him being here as long as Buddy didn't bark. They could careless if there was a dog, in their house. All three got along fine. Buddy will be staying with us when his master goes on another vacation next month, while the boys are in school. No playmates for him, unless you call the family cats playmates! Since this was my fist summer not working a single night I have somewhat enjoyed being home, then again my paychecks have not been very good. I've taken the bad with the good. My first part of my summer. I didn't have to deal with any neighborhood kids, it was so nice having both kids gone from the house. I'm afraid to say our boys are getting, to the point of being board. Which isn't good since they have three weeks and three days to go before school starts. At least they weren't entirely board, they both enjoyed summer school while it lasted. C wanted to return to summer school, he loves the structure of school. I did try to persuade him for me to teach him. It was a little big kid NO!! So I didn't force the issue. Right now I'm teaching oldest how to read, it's not easy. He needs this extra push. So when he does return to school, he will not have so much trouble with his reading.

As for my job issue it has been resolved, I'm not saying I've quit looking. I've actually had three interviews and the third one was the charm of all three. Even though I would have loved to have gone to Hawaii for training and learning the ropes in my career field. I figured it would not happen. I've let it go. Unless by some chance he would call me back for a second interview. I haven't heard, no hard feelings. It wasn't meant to be. I have more than enough training under my belt, it would be nice to continue my education, for now I'm happy where I have been led to. The Lord knows what is best for me. For that I am thankful. Today I had my second interview, after the first one was a week ago yesterday, I had an interview which, she had thought was on Monday. She called to see why I didn't show up. I explained to her that she said that Tuesday was a better day. Both of us work and I usually have a few clients on Mondays. She apologized for making the mistake and she would see me on Tuesday, I don't think she meant to do this. She had not one but two interviews going on at the same time. Mine was pretty straight forward, I couldn't be a sales person if my life could save me. And she was interviewing for that one. She asked if I was okay working every weekend? I'm sorry but I've got two boys and every other weekend would work for my family. All three of them just looked me. Hey I'm not as young as you think I am. It's a good thing I keep my thoughts to myself and learned to not give your age.

So today I had my second part of the interview, this is the part that either gets you the job or they will think about giving you a chance. It's not an easy process I did land the job, she couldn't believe how well I draped her, and asked if she was feeling good. And if she needed anything? You know it's good that I was taught stuff like that. You don't know what's going to happen, while your working. I start work around the 11th of August, she wants to meet with every one that she has hired around the 8th of August. I'm pretty excited. I don't know about my hours yet, until the day of the meeting. 35 miles round trip it's not that bad, it's working in a very populated area, I'm looking forward in working there. I'm just proud of myself for landing a job that has room to grow, and maybe someday I'll open up my own place of work. For now I'm pleased with the offer she handed me yesterday, and I'm not looking back only forward.

So while I was typing this last night, I noticed this:
Everything in life is most fundamentally a gift.
And you receive it best and you live it
best by holding it with very open hands.
Leo O'Donovan

3 comments:

Rob said...

Congratulations on getting that new job SR. You deserve it! Btw, I agree, that is a cute pic of the kids there.

Anonymous said...

They are adorable!
And the doggie is cute too!

Good luck with your job!

dusio said...

I enjoy your blog, just wanted to let you know.
Nothing better than quality time with the kids.