Friday, February 03, 2006

The Bitch Slap!

List 8 traits about your perfect partner, and have to tell if they are male or female. Then tag 8 other people to do this.

1) Taking the boys on a nature walk during the year it wouldn't matter what you had planned at least being near them is good enough for me. Or taking them bike riding around the neighborhood when the weather is good.

2) Having the same spirtiual background as I do, Who understands me from a spirtiual place.

3 To be more kind to the boys even when they are having a really, really bad day at school and they're feeling pretty bad. When they think the world is against them, Sometimes talking to them just helps make things better.

4) Not so much of hanging on me but giving me my space when I feel I really need it at times. And hopefully his thinking is something that says (now what have I done because he's been at work all day!). For me that's the kicker.

5) Who doesn't mind me baking, cooking and the cleaning well that's saying a lot eventhough the house looks messy by the time he gets home from work because our little one likes to make messes and loves to play with his mom. :)
At least I know that a home cooked meal will always beat going out to dinner without the kids. Who doesn't mind me wearing flannel pj's and slippers when I feel I can actaully relax.

6) Someone who doesn't mind me being quiet okay maybe not too quiet but can strike up a conversation that doesn't have to deal with sex or on the lines of something like that. And who doesn't always have to feel that teasing is always the best thing for all solutions, and lately that's a good thing!

7) I know that I'm a great mom who goes out of her way to make sure her boys has enough love to go around, at the same time someone needs to find a way of showing a little more love to the boys instead of feeling they need to give it all to me.

8) Someone who doesn't mind me being a little silly at times and when it comes to the boys they need someone to get down to their level. Hey! what can I say I've come up with some good stuff at times usually one of the kids will think of something. And they have made me laugh so hard my sides ech!

Now I have to tag eight other people? how about three sorry thats all I could come up with. And sorry if this may sound a little corney I'm not feeling well and there is more I will post later on the events.

Catch 272

Desperate Husband

shades of woe

3 comments:

O272 said...

Thanks a bunch, Summer!
Is this a list about your perfect partner or perfect father? ;)

Hope the CH/SR household feels better soon!!!

Summer Rose said...

I'd say both, I couldn't really concentrate much on this. My ears are clogged and the slightest high pitch sound makes my head want to explode.

hopefully I'll feel better in a couple of days that way I can post something desceant.

Digger Jones said...

Well, here's something to consider: It's much much easier to pay attention to and love my boys and spend time with them when I don't have to compete with them for mom's attention. If I'm given sufficient "adult time" I can deal with them more patiently and lovingly. And this translates into big dividends behaviorally for them. You *are* the key to their emotional health, but just not in the direct way you think. By impacting CH more powerfully, it creates security for him that gets passed on to your boys. And they respond to him very powerfully, for good or ill.

Just something to think about. Flannel is fine 4-5 days a week as long as there's satin and lace mixed in the other 2-3 days!

D.