Tuesday, March 21, 2006

My own Take on Massage Therapy


The last two days have been very intersting to read and *BLUSH* over. I can't get mad over things being said and done. It's part of who I am, I'll hide my disappointment in many different ways, one I'll play one of my favorite music artist I believe she was second on my music list. Or I'll find something else to do, I'm pretty much a person with lots of love and kindness for another person, it's the way I've always been. I'm in no way going to bash Dh, he's been through a lot. One of the most annoying things that MT's will do, I'm no way saying this to hurt anyone who goes and gets massages and I'm not about to down grade myself of doing something like what Dh went to. I'm not the type; I'm very honest about my work I carry my own insurance, table, sheets, creams, music and radio, I've had three clients that have provided me with the music which is cool less stuff for me to worry about. My table alone would cost $600.00 if I didn't go to the school that I had choosen I would have to pay more. I'm not about to have my own husband touch me when I'm doing a massage! Yes he did try to touch me when I had him on my table, he felt the coldness come right back he asked where did I go? My hands hold a very empowering energy, they get very hot very fast it's like holding a lamp between my hands. It's very hard to explain why my hands get so red and tingle at times, I've had it explained to me once when I was in school. As an M.T. I feel blessed that I'm different sure my job can be annoying at times then again what job isn't? Sure I could have done a job in clerical for a company or firm, I didn't feel it as something I really wanted. Most of my family are either nurses or stay at home mom's, me on the other hand wanted to do something totally differnt so my path was lead to Massage Therapy I'm glad I did it. Sure the classes where hard, the nights seemed long, and I hardly spent much time doing much except for homework. My schooling was a way of finding who I was. And what I wanted to do, the experince was breath taking, being in a class of twenty, and most of them were going to school because their parents had enough of them doing nothing. Some like the group of four just wanted to learn and have a feel of what we really meant to do in life. The three days that I went it was a new beginning leaving the old behind to, live and breath as there was no one else in the room just you and the client not realizing you just transformed your hands into releaving pain in someone else's tight muscles. I would have never thought that I would come to realize that there was more to life than just working at a grocery store bagging all the time or being a cashier for the rest of your life sorry. I didn't want to be that kind of person, I've seen what it does to a person it's not pretty. The headechs, attitudes are out ragouse at times. And it seem that my spirit was breaking in differnt areas, I needed to find peace and find myself and where I belonged. If it weren't for massage school I don't know where I would be I'm sure wouldn't be happy as I am right now sure my hours at times can be a pain in the neck. Sure some will call to cancel becuase they aren't feeling well. At least I'm not like my former co-workers in doing something they think that's all that is left for them to do. As I have said in a prevouse post about Massage Therapy the job choose me I didn't chose it, Have I ever question why? this place of work or why? at times do I feel as if I'm not getting enough clients to keep me busy every day that I'm suppose to work. Everytime I thought about going in to do some chair massages I have ended up with massages for the day or for a few days. Not that I don't mind at least promotig myself has worked. We had a health expo for the public there wasn't a real big turn out because there were a few misunderstandings which happens when your new to working out with retired folks. At least I had a good time, passing out brouchers and my buisness cards to those who didn't know or they just didn't read their monthly news letter that they get every month. It's going to take a while I understand that being a massage therapist yes I'll come up against roadblocks or issues such as the one's that DH had done. Do I really care what anyone else thinks or says about the proffession HELL NO! I forgive him for what he had done, I will not hold it against him. It's part of life we live and we learn from our mistakes we take everything someone else will say with a grain of salt. And that is what I have done. There is no way that I'm taking it personally, that wouldn't be fair and as far as I'm concered I'm willing to take any state exam to prove my rights as an L.C.M.T. As CH has said I will not be in the same room with him while someone is working on both of us. Sorry it doesn't work for me, I would feel very uncomfrotable with him in the same room while getting a massage.


As it turns out blogger lost half my post this morning and I've got two kids home one's got a bad cold and the other well it's his day off from school. So I'm just going post on what I have here. And I've been working on this off and on since I've read every post who have had their fair share of talking about the rights and wrongs of massage. I can only talk about the postitive side of Massage, there is no way that I'm willing to go against my eithics that I learned in school, hopefully this will end all the confusion if you want more of what I have to say. You'll have to leave your comments and I will respond it may take a while but I will get to them.
Let there be blessings to those who stop by and may each of you take the time and breath.

6 comments:

FTN said...

I think most of us understand the difference between a real MT (like you) and the place where DH went (there, I linked it in case anyone was wondering what you were talking about). The couple of times I've gotten a real massage, the "DH-style" massage never would have even occurred to me.

Although I do politely question how strict you are when giving your husband a massage in the comfort of your own home. Again, if it were to become sexual, I don't think there is any reason that would have to interfere with your true MT work. It wouldn't demean your occupation in any way, it would just be a husband and wife expressing love for each other.

Of course, this opinion is coming from someone who gives his wife plenty of "amateur" massages at home, and they often fall into the "erotic" territory. It's obviously quite a fantasy for your husband, and if you, uh, "surprised" him some night while giving him a massage, I bet it would make his year.

Summer Rose said...

ftn
Here's the problem with that, it's very bad Karma when doing one of those erotic massages espicaully when I only have one table. I Use my table for our boys, clients outside of my work. I wouldn't feel very comfortable when doing a massage knowing what I and CH have done on it. I will not cut him any slack sorry but I will not give in to him that kind of way. I know some will frown my response I worked too damn hard for my schooling and my table was included in the price, $10 grand. I'm sorry but I just can't bring myself of an erotic massage on a very expeinsive piece of equipment.

O272 said...

Just use a little bleach, SR, and that'll come right off! ;)

I hope your little boy feels better soon!

Summer Rose said...

o272
Still eeeewwwww! Sorry I just can't do it! by the way I added a pic of my insurance maybe that will help some.
S.R.

P.S. The oldest is going to school tomarrow! they both drove me nuts today.

Confused Husband said...

FTN (or should that be Sexy McHotpants?) & O Thank you very much for your support! It is greatly appreciated. She seems to think that I actually want to have sex with her on the table or something. That's not what I want. Just a little "touch" here or there is what I'm asking for. She also does massages on the floor not just on the table. So what would be the problem with there? No clients get massaged there. Just me.
*sigh* Just another of my fantasies that will never come true. :-(
CH

Frances said...

Being a therapist is actually a rewarding job as they actually help people be relieved of the pain they experience on a daily basis. That is why websites such as synergypainrelief.com offer such services to those who might want to have sessions but don't have the time to go to such offices just to inquire.