Saturday, March 25, 2006

Tom Boy At Heart

No you didn't just read it wrong it's so true, give me a fishing pole and some warms or any other fish bait I'm there! Except for blood warms and leeches sorry don't go for those! I've had my fair share of being hooked in the finger and lines broken, at least I'll find it fun. And yes I'm also a fan of football in the fall and baseball in the spring, how big? I was pregnant with Ricky and for my birthday I asked to go to a baseball game in Oakland took our oldest with us, CH's mom and grandmother took us it was a lot of fun Sam had never been to a baseball game he found it pretty cool to watch it live instead of at home. We rode bart to and from the game we had a good time too bad CH couldn't be there he was stuck working his dad was too, even though our team lost we still had a good time, the weather was just right not too hot and not too cold and being pregnant I can't remember how many months I was, I do recall a young lady offering her seat to me, and sitting for so long at a ball game I declined I needed to stretch my legs. I also like to watch Indy 500 love Danica Patrick I think that's how you spell her name; I've watched her announces the next up coming show on spike t.v. Yes I watch Spike t.v. my favorites are Trucks with Stacy don't ask me what his last name is they never show it. Then there is another that I like watching it's a team of a guy and gal they build rock crawlers together, I also love watching the Kentucky derby I just hope I'll be home to watch it this year, since I'm working every other weekend. I've had a few laughs at work about driving CH's truck at one time he had a pair of plastic pink balls hanging from underneath I tried to park as far away as possible so no one could see them. I wanted to dive under the cash register I was so embraced over them my co-worker said nice! I'm confused she said isn't that what I think it is? I said yes of cores it was all over I said that's not my truck!! Mine's the suv the blue thing that keeps giving us trouble CH had to take mine shopping one evening with the kids and since his doesn't have a camper shell or enough room for the kids, so he took mine. I have a hard time getting in I'm 5'6 and he's 5'10 now if your short you'll understand where I'm coming from his truck is lifted I mean lifted any more I'll need a step ladder to get in. I have one hand on the wheel and one on the door I'll jump in two feet at a time just to get in. Once in there is no way I can move the seat to reach stirring wheel I've had to drive it now and then when mine was in the shop and it's very uncomfortable it's an old truck not like the seats in mine or a newer one it'll do for what it's worth I find it funny driving it now and then. Not at all comfortable, then again it's his truck made for off roding not for show, there have been a few times I've had heads turn. Once at the stop light I had guy's blow kisses at me not at all cute older men! When I put too much oil episode with my truck I had a guy married and asked is that yours? I said no, it's my husband's mine is an suv I kind of made a mistake and I'm stuck driving his. His comment was you look good in it. Do you take it for what it's used for? Oh this truck oh no; It's my husbands mine is in the shop due out any day. Talk about getting picked up at gas station, I just wanted to get the hell out of there, park his and get mine back! LOL I couldn't believe it I'm not that good looking I mean being tall 12 average gal! You know this usually happens the other way around the gal would say nice ride to a guy, for me I've learned to live with it. Oh yes I've had several looks while driving mine too. I've got Duck Unlimited stickers on the back with one fishing tackle on it and Cali waterfowl on the side windows, most guy's have to look twice to see who is driving and my seat covers are waterfowl camo, they were CH's idea he thought I might like them along with some goose stickers for the side windows. I fell in love with them helped put the seat covers on after the kids went to bed; And the looks I get oh my gosh! I'll be sitting at a stop light or at the store some have questioned me is that yours with the decals on the windows? I said yes. My husband takes our oldest out on some weekends our youngster is wanting to go out with both of them, we'll see maybe next fall depends on the weather this year the birds sucked I'm mean each weekend he would come home with three to four this year hardly any and the one's he did get I made stir fry out of the duck or goose meat which ever I grabbed out of the freezer. It's also really good bar-be-qued, he needs to find a way from keeping the meat from going dry while it's on the bar-be-que. And if CH is working late I'll bar-b-que at times of and yes I've had dinner burn, it's not pretty! I'll through a fit tell CH I'm sorry basically on the edge of crying. He'll be busy doing something and forget or I'll get busy and then remember and sometimes I'll see it smocking and run out there and check on the meat. It's all in good fun, no complaints from either of us in that area. And since both of us have our fishing tags we'll be hitting the water as soon as the weather starts getting better found a few spots yesterday while out not too far from home just got make sure we get there early, there's usually a few cars parked along side the place, it'll be great for a picnic. I'm hoping that we'll spending some weekends up north when I don't have massages and going to a lake that has pretty drive I'll take pics and show you all. I'll wash my own truck CH tried to take it through the mud yesterday I asked are yah washing it he just looked me well it's still dirty I've got to clean it out, and wash it. And rain due in again tonight. I'm ready for some warmer weather but a gradual warmup first not too hot not too cold just as long as I can open some windows to let a breeze in. I'm hoping that you all have a good week and I'll find some more tom boy tales for you to enjoy.

7 comments:

O272 said...

Looking forward to some picnic pics! :)

I can't watch Spike TV or whatever channel it is where they build all of those motorcycles. It's like watching a cooking show...I don't get it!

Summer Rose said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Summer Rose said...

o272
You mean the East Coast Choppers on Discovery Channel. And no you will not catch me on a motor bike.
Sorry I would rather drive my suv.
:D

Confused Husband said...

East Coast Chopper?!?!?! I can't believe you can't remember the name of that show. Your son talks about it all the time. The show is American Chopper. The shop is Orange County Choppers. You used to watch it with me every Mon. night.

The name of the host of Trucks is Stacy David. And he is no longer on this season. Neither is Danika Patrick (didn't she get in trouble in a race yesterday?).

Yes my darling wife loves the outdoors. She goes fishing with me, camping when she don't have to work, and used to go hunting with me as well. Hey baby why don't you tell them about the first time you ever shot my shotgun. ROFLMAO!
LOPve you!
CH

Confused Husband said...

Oh I forgot to mention the balls Summer was talking about were actually called "Truck NUTS". After I got my truck lifted 6" and put on 35x12 tires he said that everyone should be able to see if it is a boy or girl. So he bought me a pair of flesh colored Truck NUTS. Someone stole them though. :(
Every one that I used to wheel with had a pair fhanging from their bumpers. My buddies were BLUE. That way his truck had blue balls if he didn't wheel it enough.
CH

Pretty peanut said...

I love tom boy stories. I have a few in my memory too....i was never the dainty little girl growing up. As it is I don't wear dresses or skirts very often. I would prefer jeans or slacks (then I don't have to cross my legs!)
I also wanted to say that I think those truck nuts are hilarious!

Summer Rose said...

pretty peanut,
Believe me I thought they were um a little too extreme, then again it's guy thing. :D

And just like you I perfer jeans to a skirt any day!
S.R.