Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Computers and Dinner

It's bad enough when you've got two computers in the house. One is used for business and the other desk computer is used for paying the bills, and making sure that I have some free time on my hands. This morning CH gets on the computer and he couldn't access his blog, now we all know in the past that there have been people who like to hack at what we've written. Thinking this has been done to CH, he gets a little pissed off if he can't have his reading time when he gets home from work. And I really didn't have a chance to read what he wrote last night, I was busy working on my posts from last week and from the weekend. So I go to his and it's not there, if mine is here his should be too, so I jump from site to site, it still wasn't working. So I went to my laptop to see if I could access his blog sure enough it's there! Now hold on a minute if it's on that computer why isn't working on the family computer? I turned off the family computer restart it and sure enough CH posts are back up again! I tell yah I dislike computers at times. At least I know that someone didn't highjacked his blog what a relief thank you Mr. Husbland for letting me know it was there.:). Now I can continue on to more important things like finishing dinner.

What's for dinner? it's a very easy to follow, don't ask me how long I've had this cook book. It's pretty much been through the ringer too much useage and I can't find one just like it that's a hard cover of the same thing. So here's the recipe that I'm useing tonight.

Chicken N Rice In a Bag

3 pound fryer, cut into serving pieces
1 cup raw long-grain converted rice
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken
2/3 cup water
1 envelope (1 1/2 ounces) dry onion soup mix

Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry; set aside. Combine
rice, cream of chicken soup and water in Crock-Pot; stir
well to mix in sou. Place chicken pieces in a a see through-
roasting bag; add onion soup mi. Shake bag to coat chicken pieces
throughoughly. Puncture 4 to 6 holes in bottom of bag. Fold over
chicken nad place in Crock-pot on top of rice. Cover and cook on low
for 8 to 10 hours or on High 4 to 5 hours. Remove chicken pieces to
warm plater. Serve with rice. Serves 4

That's if you own a slow cooker, I don't keep a fryer on hand so I just count out how many chicken thighs or chicken breast and cook it that way. It's a very simple
dinner. I have no problems having our boys eat this, they love it. The first time I made it I didn't think it would go over well. Oh my gush! it was a hit! As for veggies thats up to you. Enjoy and let me know what you think, it won't hurt my feelings if don't want to try it. I wanted to post something a little different.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds delish! Is it super high in calories per serving? (am counting them...lol)

Summer Rose said...

Mystical_witch:

Here's the servings
Calories772
Fat 40gm
Sodium 1,716 mg
Protein 50 mg
Carbohydrate 49 mg
Cholesterol 180 mg

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much! ;-)