Monday, May 08, 2006

A Relaxing Weekend

I can actually say Ch, did a very good job of keeping our weekend a secret. I had no idea of what was going on, all he said was we're doing something this weekend and I'm not to know what it was. Okay so if we're going away why am I the last to know? Here's where gets interesting, his parents had just returned from a five day cruise. My girlfriend has four kids so two more and there wouldn't be any room for her kids. So any idea of how he planned this? Very carefully, and very sneaky. I wouldn't have ben able to pulled it off. He would have found a way of getting me to talk. All his phrases of I'm not aloud to give this information at this time, was driving me nuts! I tried several locations each one was not in the direction or not the place that he was thinking of, you know there are so many other places we haven't been to since we've been married. I can't believe the place that he took me was prettier than Monterey. I've been to Monterey it's not a cheap place to go to, and staying only one night oh come on couldn't we have two? For one his parents didn't get home until Friday and Saturday was the best he could do. All he tells me is we have to get up early, make sure everything is done, I did ask are we coming back on Sun. I'm not sure? Your not sure? Can I have just a little hint, no sorry I'm not saying! This is going to be fun! The drive was pretty I will admit that and if I hadn't missed a sign on the way up a hill I would have known where I was going. I do a lot of reading when were driving it keeps me a wake it makes him sick, aha at least I'm not falling asleep, except for my legs they were getting a little tired of sitting for so long. We did stop for lunch to stretch and that was it the rest of the time was driving, and boy did that driving take a long time. While I was reading I missed a clue on to where I was going which was going up a hill, okay maybe reading wasn't such a good idea, when the landscape was just breath taking. Ferns growing along the road side the pine trees were really green and the sun was still shining, it was late afternoon by the time we reached our destination of course I did ask is this where we are going? Still not the answer I was looking for. "I'm not liberty to say at the moment or whatever it was he used"! It was down right bugging me! At least not to the point of you better tell or I'm not going, that wouldn't have worked he had too many people knew where we were headed. No matter what city or county I used it wasn't the place he was thinking of, So the guessing was over I had enough for one night. If he wasn't saying I wasn't pushing, I would find out soon enough.

As we left the kids with his parents which didn't go well with our youngest he had a meltdown before we could even start our trip. I felt really bad ended up breaking down after everything we have been through with him it wasn't a pretty picture for the start of a weekend away. As we drove and got on the highway, I'm very clueless as to where he's taken me, not to mention I almost hit the nail on the head the night before as we were getting our youngest to bed. One direction was too expensive the other the direction, wasn't even close to where we were going, so that left me little to go on. So I settle in luckily I carried a magazine and a book to read on this trip not mention a mind to somewhat relax which is what I'm needing and so does he, as we pass signs along the way I'm asking is that it? No I'm not liberty to say at the moment. How much longer do we have? I'm not telling, at this point we're getting a little hungry I left the house without breakfast I should have asked for some kind of snack bar before we left town. Who knows how long it will be, before we stop for lunch! We pass a restaurant on the way Sorry I'm not saying which one it was really good, I don't think we've really had a problem with the service as long as I can remember. It gets better, we rest stretch the legs a little before we start driving again. Now mind you I love to read, and since I have no one to bother me and Yelling moooom! So and so is doing this to me or he's hitting me again! it was really nice getting to catch up on my reading. So as the drive got higher in a different direction than the one's I was somewhat thinking of, the view from either side was awesome, the weather was not that bad.

As we got closer to a different town than the one's that were posted. The only one that actually came close to the one that I was thinking, of but couldn't remember the name of it, was actually the one closest to the ocean. I can't believe it! He made the arrangements of staying on a coastal beach lodge. The view was just beautiful. We unloaded the truck, got to our room which was on the top floor! I still couldn't get over the view. I'm more of the one on views rather than anything else, except the room gots to be really nice, I have been to a few that weren't so great. I won't mention which hotel that we've stayed at. I won't give CH a bad time about those, of cores he did try if looks could have killed I would have killed him on the spot! Of cores he was having fun keeping me in the dark, as long as it took him, to plan this weekend getaway.

As we stepped into the room there was a whirlpool in the room! And a private balcony. I was kind of thinking of that one post that I wrote last month, I can't believe he did this! He actually took all the o.t. for a one night stay at a lodge that had the same views as I had described. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, or do both, instead I walked out and stood there looking out to a beach that I only get to see every few years. I remember a view similar to this only that one was right after I had lost my mom we we're walking along and just stopped to look out I remember the feelings of sadness and I let my tears be swept away by the oceans waves, which I had left in Monterey. This time it was a little different I needed to feel a closeness of knowing that god would take care of everything that we were going through. I felt as if he knew what I needed, a day with no rain and the sun was so lovely, the walk was nice, the trail a little steep nothing that my ankles couldn't handle. And yes I did bring home some shells I wanted more, yet at the same time I just wanted to enjoy the peacefulness of what the ocean brings to me.

I can't even begin to imagine, what it's like not having this in another state. I like to hear the waves crashing against the shore line, to know it's fury and if I were to leave this all behind. I would just be crushed, the drive from where we live to where we went it's not that bad, if things weren't so tight, and if it was a different weekend I would have liked to have stayed a little longer. Maybe in a few months down the road, we'll do this again. Only the next time we will have to make a full weekend of this. We even came across some camp sites that aren't too far from the coast, I would love to take our boys camping this summer only two things that are keeping us from doing this one is the gas and the other money. I'm not giving up on camping this summer I don't care, except when there isn't a camp site availble then well just have to make the most of it.

I'm also working on a post that I have started last week just haven't had the chance to finish it. I wanted to let every one know that our weekend was a blast! I wouldn't change our room for anything else.

1 comment:

Confused Husband said...

Your welcome baby! Glad you enjoyed it. Planning it wasn't hard at all.
So when will you be planning something like this for me? *grinning evil like** ;p~
CH