Monday, February 19, 2007

An Eventfull Week

It's been one hell of a week, and I'm so glad that the weekend is hear. I had to pay for my Massage insurance, let me just say that's one hell of an expensive thing to pay on. I went from paying $260.00 down to $199.00 I could have saved more if I had mentioned where I was working to get it lowered even more. Oh well at least I've got insurance. Another expense this week was J's field trip of $225.00 he's going to science camp near S.F. in March. And I'm not driving him either, he will be riding with another parent that is planning on traveling that far. Since those two major bills are paid I can relax a little, maybe until Tuesday, when I take my suv back to the shop after the kids leave for school. The check engine light has been on for over a month and is now has an exhaust leak on the left side. Notice that when I was coming home from work before I had my surgery. Just great!! one more thing to add to the list of screaming bloody murder! As many repairs we've done on this ford, Ch still insists on wanting another. I'm sorry dear but no thanks, it doesn't matter if there is one, sitting at the ford dealer ship with a nice price tag on it.
So last night Ch was being funny, and I took him up on his little joke, and went looking for a new auto. I found two one is a Saturn and one is a Chevy, both aren't bad for the price so I compared it with a Ford, guess what for some reason Fords are a little more than the Chevy and the Saturns.

Even though we aren't quit ready to buy a new one, and with all the repairs that are needing to be done on my suv. I think it's time to throw in the towel and go further into debt. Not exactly what I really want to do. And with no help from the outside what other choice do we have? As for my work I've decided to go ahead and have transfer done. With the same job that I have now, the only difference is the pay $16.50 in the East Bay, compared to $7.50 down here. I think I'll take the long drive, and sit in traffic for 20 mins. So why all of sudden a transfer? My boss called me the day before Valentines, asked how I was doing. Now this is were it gets really interesting. Since I've been gone from work for three weeks, things have changed at my work. My boss is taking a transfer to Rose ville, they are opening another massage place there. She then to tell me that, one of the other gals that works up front will be handling all of my affairs of when I come back. I'm thinking just great! she's giving my medical information, to one of the gals that manages the front and not to the one that owns the building and is the manager.

Oh wait the manager is never there, the clinic has been run by the clinic supervisor. She is the one who gets us every thing that we need, I asked my supervisor what was going on she tells me that she needs a change, and the drive from Sac. to V.V. is too far. Her heart and soul has always been working with places, who hire massage therapist and show them how to dress the client without exposing any part of their body. I'm not a bit surprise, then again any thing she does or says is taken like water off of a ducks back. She asked if I have my medical leave papers I told I could bring it to her. What I should have done was wait until later that afternoon. So I get there and she's in a meeting with some gal. I'm not sure who she is suppose to replace.

Since she was busy, I wanted to see who was working, my co-workers were sitting in the break room so when I opened the door they were sitting there, waiting for their clients to show up. I'm not a bit surprised, so we all start talking on what has been going on at work. Liz (not her real name), said it's nice to see you, we talk about how I was doing. She asked me if I knew about our supervise leaving? I said yes she called me and told me couple of hours ago. What? I thought I was the only one she told it too. Oh really? Now this where the fun begins, she calls me we talked about how work is going she said it's been busy. Liz looks at me kind of surprised, I said what it hasn't been busy, both girls look at each other then at me. Okay what the hell is going on? Because Alisa is leaving and you two know more than I do. So spill it! D.C left because of a transfer to the East Bay which I knew, so after she had left and with my medical leave. Things have gotten out of control, one gal that took the place of D.C. is going back over seas, her husband is going Iraq in the middle of March. So she's leaving the first week of April, going back to Guam.

Another gal that was hired just about the same time as Lilli, she was losing money at her rental space so she quit making $900.00 a month she was losing money while working at M.E. I asked who else is here, and who else is leaving. Liz informs me that a few more are planning on leaving, due to not being paid enough. Liz was asked to clean the carpets, tables and do the dusting so they wouldn't have to hire a cleaning company to come in and do it for us. Liz and Jen came in on the weekends and cleaned after hours. She was being paid by Lisa and Jim, Lisa never paid her on time, kept changing the cleaning worksheets on her. Alisa knew but didn't bother calling Liz about it. Lisa would breach the contract, so Liz told Lisa that she wasn't cleaning any more, and to find someone else. Because Lisa wouldn't get pay on time and Liz had a bounced her rent check, waiting on Lisa and Jim to pay them. That has been a mess. She asked if I wanted to hear more I said sure, I'm up for all the dirt. Well how about taking a seat for the rest, I said sure.

So sitting with my co-workers, Liz tells me that Alisa and Lisa had a falling out, they got into a heated argument over why Alisa was spending so much money on supplies. Because our therapist need lotion, they need clean sheets every day. They have a cleaning company come in and deliver us our clean sheets. And sometimes he is late getting to us. And we are stuck washing and drying the sheets, Lisa still kept whining and complaining on how much was being spent, and how many clients have come in. And so Alisa had enough of their bull shit and said she's out of here, I was shocked that it went as far as a transfer for Alisa I'm happy for her, but there is still the matter of us massage therapist needing more money. So alot of them are leaving, Liz is another one, she's pretty much has another job lined up in Sac. I had a feeling this would happen sooner or later, it doesn't take much to for someone to start something and all hell breaks loose.

Just about the time Liz was about to say something, Alisa walks in with two more massage therapist. I'm sitting there with Liz and Lilli, we look at one another not saying a word. I had seen one of them right before I went on leave and she's hired two more, hell we haven't been able to keep the ones that were hired back in August busy enough. Alisa explained that I will be working four days a week from 9:00 to 3:00 Monday through Thursday. I explained this to Ch he isn't happy at all, I'm still working four days a week. If I'm not busy to stay until 3:00p.m. then I'm sent home. It's not worth working at this place. Now the other place that I want to transfer to. I've talked to D.C. about how she is doing she's busier working in the East Bay she's been busy since the day they opened up. She told me to call them the following day tell them that you work for Alisa and see if you can get over here after your done healing. So I called them the on Wed. they said to bring in a resume and if I personally knew D.C. I said yes I did worked with her in V.V. before her transfer. He said that helps a lot, so we'll see how that goes on the 26 of Feb.

As I'm talking with my co-workers, I asked about another therapist that I had not met. He's gone M.I.A. no one has heard or seen him. He works at the same place as I do and works at the bank during the day. He hasn't called either of his jobs, no one knows where he is at. Liz knows which bank he works at, so she was going to see if they have heard from him because his second job needs to talk to him about his work habits is out of control. Liz said this is not like him to do this, he's very responsible works well with others. And is in tune with those he works with, so this mystery of a missing co-worker has been on the minds of those who know him well. He's been missing for about two months. Hasn't called either one of his jobs, whether he has finally showed up or not I don't know. I went as far as asking if we knew where he lived to see if he is okay? No one knows where he lives which makes it even worse. We all have his phone number they have called it, but there hasn't been any answer. You hear about this kind of stuff on t.v. mind blowing to hear of it in real life. I do hope and pray for his safe return, and if he is really sick that he would have the nerve of calling work.

The last part of this post, was going with C to see Disney On Ice. We all had a good time, C. was so glad that I got the chance to go with him. His teachers got to see a loving mom and son enjoy themselves. We had lunch before we came home, both of us enjoyed having lunch in the warm sunshine. Ch had to work and couldn't come with us, but that was okay. C was so glad that I got to come with him.

2 comments:

Therese in Heaven said...

We finally just got rid of RS's 10 year old Saturn and purchased a beautiful red extended cab Ford Ranger. It was time to get a new vehicle and with how bad our weather is, it only made sense for both of us to have four wheel drive. We had been going back and forth over the cost, but it really was something we just needed to do, and I'm glad we did.

It seems people either love or hate Ford. Ford and Saturn were good for my parents, and RS and I have only owned Saturns until now.

Summer Rose said...

Therese - May you have no, problems with your new ford. I'm going to go ahead and settle for a Chevy. When the time is right, I just hope and pray that the transmission pumb is under warrenty if not we're in trouble.
S.R.