Thursday, February 01, 2007

Slow But Steady

Just real quick update, as many of you have heard my surgen, removed 77% of my left breast. He removed all of my fibroids that my other doctor had found, he removed 200 grams more from my left than from my right. Which took longer for me to get out of sugery. In other words no more big tata on left side Yaaa!! I don't have a lot of energy, I have walked around the house a few times to stretch my legs. And my rear end is sore from all the sleeping on the back. No side lining, no fetal position and no I'm not sleeping in the same bed as CH, I tried that it didn't work too well. So the couch in the living room has become my recovery room.

That way I can walk to the bed room, wake CH when I need something and then go back to the living room. It makes for him a little more tired during the day. We're getting by. If my typing is a little off, it's because of all the medication that the doc's put me on. I'm pretty much sleeping off and on during the day, a little bit of t.v. watching, mainly laying flat on my back and resting. I still have the drawings of where my surgen had to make the insitions. He noticed how big my left had gotten after my last visit with him, they were a little concered over my sinus infection that I got a hold of, they were going to pospone it for a second time I said no, I'm phyically fine it's my sinuses that started acting up on Sunday.

Told them I had taken some hot liquid med the night before, about 7:00 p.m. and went straight to bed about 9:00 p.m. I know about the complications that go with colds and being knocked out for a good 2 hours. When I did come to, the nurses and Ch were in the room, some of my nurses knew what they were doing, there were about three that didn't know what they were doing. I had to explain to them what they had to do with the bed how to get me out and put me back in. I had them take my oxigen out of my nose due to the dryness it was causing me, and then my room got too hot, so they opened the blinds and cracked open my door, in order for me to breath better.

I did come home yesterday, and a little bit of a scare today other wise I'm doing fine the nurses made a big mistake yesterday and sent me home in a bra that was too tight for me. Even after my surgens nurse had told them to give me one that the hospital had, and so that is why my doctor had called me today. A bit sore after words came home and rested for a good hour. And now I'm going to wrap this up and say thank you to all of you for the well wishes and prayers. As I have prayed for my surgery and recovery to go very well.

7 comments:

Rob said...

SR, I'm happy to see that you are out of surgery and on the mend. CH had emailed a bunch of us earlier today and had raised some concerns but I see that fortunately everything turned out fine. So then - feeling any lighter? :-)

FTN said...

Glad you came through everything okay. Hope you are feeling better soon.

And hey, enjoy that pain medication.

Therese in Heaven said...

Take it easy and [try to] enjoy not having any responsibility more pressing than getting better.

Ditto on FTN's comment about the medication. :)

Confused Husband said...

She is enjoying the pain medication. :-) Or at least as much as I am letting her. I'm adraid of the addictive qualities it has.

I also think that she is enjoying the no responsibilities as well. She's been waited on hand and foot. Kinda spoiled actually. It's ok though. Your worth it baby!
CH

Just don't get too used to sleeping on the couch. I'd like to sleep with you again at some point in the future. :-(

Summer Rose said...

Rob - I was feeling pretty light while coming too. As for the meds, only when needed for pain and discomfort.

Ftn - Thank you, I'm just glad that every thing went well during the surgery.

Therse in heaven - I dispise being waited on, and being on this bed rest is not for me!

CH - My dear sweet, loving husband, I've taken this kind of meds before, I was careful the first time it was given to me.
As for sleeping on the couch, I'll be back in our bed maybe tonight.
S.R.

Just Me said...

I am glad you are able to rest and recover. I hope you have a lot of videos to watch, but not a lot of comedies - laughing may be a bit painful yet. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Summer Rose said...

Just Me - I've actually got to watch a few programs on the Travel Channel, as much as I want to watch a movie during the day, I'm just too tired to keep my eyes open for an hour at a time.

Yesterday was actually the first day to walk around and enjoy the fresh air.
S.R.